Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best planning strategy for my case?

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Plant 1000 - Finished product A - this product sold only to customers

plant 2000 - Product B - this product is sold to customers and also to plant 1000

for product B we want to use MTO scenario (but we will plan components of product B) and for finished product A we want to use MTS scenario.

there will be STO's placed on plant 2000 from plant 1000 for product B. if I use MTO strategy for product B in 2000, how can I make the STO coming from plant 1000 behave like a sales order? what strategy shoudl I used for MTO product B...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Production plant has startegy 50 for the material. ordering plant placed STO (spk 40) on this plant for the material.

but when I run mrp, system is not creating planned order. is that because in MTO strategy, only customer SO are treated as demand? and other plant STO are not treated as requirements? how can I make system treat sto as SO ?

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Swathi,

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish; may have to review again.

By your earlier comments, what is the challenge in using strategy 40 then?

this should help in differentiating the issue.

Cause if differentiation (separate link for every order) of the MRP elements was required, you are already accomplishing it.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sameer,

if I use strategy 40, then I will be producing my product B to stock..business doesnot want to do that.. they want to wait till a real demand come and then they want to produce the finished product B.

so a firm demand can be

1. SO from outside customer

2. STO from plant 1000

by using strtagey 50, I am satisfying point 1 above. but not 2..

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

1. In Plant 1000, you can use strategy group 40 and assign the sto key in material master as F-40(supplying plant as 1200)

2. In Plant 1200, you need to create the Customized strategy group by combining the planning strategies 40 and 20.

3. If you want to create the sales order specific to customer, then during sales order creation, change the procurement type from KSV to KE in procurement tab.

4. Run the MRP, will give you desired results.

Please let us know your observation and if for additional information required

Best regards

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raj,

we already had that idea, but that requires discipline at order entry level. there might be a chance that the order entry might miss to change the req type..

any other fool proof method?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any help from other experts?

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..but dint answer my query..

let me put it in other words

if I use stategy 40 for a material, then SO and STO are treated as requirements and when I run MRP system will create planned orders,

if I use strategy 50, I see only SO are treated as requirements and STO is not. I want system to treat STO as  SO and when I run MRP system should create a planned order for cus stk STO

how can I achieve this?

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Keep the planning plant separately.

Maintain spc procurement key (not strategy) as 40 in ordering part.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We dont want to build product B to stock. Thats the reason we want to use MTO

Please let me know how i can make sto from plant 1000 behave like a SO in plant 2000?

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To shorten it ; Plant 1000 is your ordering plant and Plant 2000 is your planning plant.

The best way would be to maintain special proc key 40 for material B in plant 1000.

This will generate STOs and hence generate requirements for plant 2000.

Within plant 2000, you can maintain pure 20/40 which will serve your purpose both the ways.

Make sure to set the MRP run for plant 1000 first followed by 2000. This should make the system behave as though the STO orders are another set of SOs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

In addition to above reply from Velmurugan, if you want to keep product B as MTO and still want to plan for lower level components separately then, you can chose strategy 70 for lower level component of product B. This strategy is meant for planning of components. Header material (product B) can still have MTS or MTO strategy depending upon your requirement.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Any specific reason why you want to use MTO in Plant 2000 ?

You can very well use strategy 40 itself which will plan for SO as well STO.

Regards,

Velmurugan S