Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

depreciation was not posted to GL

emad_gamal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

By reviewing the ABST2 i have found reference between FI and assets , by tracking the differences i found that i have planned deprciation didn't posted to GL from previous year , and by financial business wise  i can't open previous year to repeat posted depreciation for the mentioned assets ,

Could suggest any solution to adjust this differences .

Thanks alot for your quick response .

Regards

Emad Gamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emad,

If not all the planned depreciation was posted to GL for a closed fiscal year, you have only 2 options:

a) Re-open the fiscal year in GL and perform the depreciation posting run in FI-AA.

b) If the year cannot be opened, then there is no chance to post the planned value to GL. In that case you can only modify the planned value of the assets so that it fits to the value that was really posted to GL. There is a program available to change the planned value so that it matches the posted depreciation. But you have to be careful using this program. For example, using it for an area that does not post will erase all planned values for that area.

These 2 options are also mentioned in note 67046. If you need further information you will find similar threads in this forum when searching for RACORR20_A.

Note that problems like this can only occur if the fiscal year in GL is closed before being closed in the subledgers (like FI-AA). But doing so is a handling error. In general closing should always be done for the subledger first, before closing a fiscal year in GL. By doing so, you can avoid similar problems in the future. You can also read the information from note 619969.

Best regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.