cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD Connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've created some datasources based on MSSQL databases using UD connect - they're working fine. Now I have a requirement to connect to an MSSQL server, where autentication is done through active directory credentials.

If I use an MS product to connect to the database (MS Excel, for example), I can choose 'Windows authentication', without entering user name/password. However, if I choose 'Use the following User Name and Password' option, and enter my user name/password, the connection is refused.

Can the JCA Resource Factory be somehow configured, to be able to connect to such database?

Thanks,

Gabor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

I could already successfully connect to an MSSQL server that has no AD authentication. I've already went through these wikis and notes beforehand.

What I'm asking is how to configure a JCA Resource Factory to be ready for active directory authentication?

Regards,

Gabor

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Frankly i do not know about this. Please search for relevant sap notes with "JCA Resource Factory'.

Managing JCA Connection Factories - Administration - SAP Library

Regards,

Vengal.

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Please have a look at the below notes and docs might be helpful in resolving your issue.

1601608 - How to access an external Microsoft SQL Server database

1658310 - How to configure UD connect on the J2EE (710,..730) server for JDBC access to external databases

Configure UD Connect in NWA for 7.3 - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Vengal.