cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, i'm new to sap, i'm in to basis.. Linux file system paths.

0 Kudos

Hi, i'm new to sap, i'm in to basis.. i am not clear with the concept of linux file system paths clearly. so could some one please give me idea on how to remember the paths.

for ex:- usr/sap/sid/sys/exe/run --- this is kernel path.. like so..

this concept is not getting in to my head.

kindly, can some one make this concept clear to me..

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

As mentioned refer to installation guide, I assume once you have installed Server at least 3 - 4 times with your own hand and do bit of navigation it should be good.

To give a small overview - SAP file system have three nodes

1. /usr/sap/trans - Mostly related to transports

2. /usr/sap/SID/DV* - related to all the logs/ executable,data folders

3. /usr/sap/SID/SYS - related to congiuration which logicallically related to /sapmnt/SID  i.e.. Global, profile, exe

4. /usr/sap/SID/ASCS* - if you have any

More navigation will help you understand it.

Cheers

Sharma

former_member230979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

we are unable to login in our crm production system using sybsid sidadm and adminstrator logins. To perform OS and database activities its mandatory to login to the above ones. please guide regarding on this. is there any procedure is there. Its very urgent.

Best regards,

venkat.

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hwo did have installed your SAP HANA system? There must be someone in your company who knows the passwords. We could not help you with the login, if you do not know the login/password at your side. If you know the roor password you could also login as root and change the user to <sid>adm or whatwever using the su command (see man page of su: su(1) - Linux manual page).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I believe that what you are actually asking is clarification on the SAP folder structure when SAP is installed at Linux servers.

Please refer to the installation guide.

It will have these details, including a picture illustrating the folders and symbolic links.

Regards,

Isaías

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

the SAP community network is (in my opinion) not the place to learn more about linux basics, as there are other places (wiki, forum, etc) which covers that already well.

But please check, if the following links are helpful to get started with the linux file system standards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/FHS

Hope that helps to answer your questions. A thread would be endless 😉

Regards

Fabian