cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approving own GRC request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to GRC and I have a issue/question. We have a user who has raised a new request for a assiging a role to her id to which she is the owner.When she went to approve it she was not able to find the request.

I have read that the role owner cannot approve his/her own request. Can you please tell me what needs to be done in order to achieve this or who else can approve her request? Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Nikilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Synova,

it depends on EUP settings

check in SPRO>GRC>Access Controls>User Provisioning>Maintain  end user  personalization

in Some SP level this settings in not working,provide GRC version and SP level

1816817 - UAM : Requestor able to approve his own request

2088522 - Approve/Reject your Own request flag is not working correctly while approving a request..

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

We are on GRC 10.0 SP12. And this is the Maintain end user personalization screen,

Does this needs to be changed?

Regards,

Nikilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

Thank you for your help. The issue was resolved after changing the visibilty to Yes. Closing the thread.

Regards,

Nikilesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Synova Bill / Nikilesh ( how many people are sharing this SCN account? See RoE),

There are various ways of handing such situations, at the choice of your organization. It is a better  practice to encourage role owners to NOT be the only approver for a role, not only for coverage during absences but also because of this very situation; however sometimes they insist. In such cases you may choose to escalate it to their manager, attach their approval by email, and the GRC admin approves the request on their behalf. We also encourage our approvers to use delegation for planned absences, and that might be an option in this situation.

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Thank you for your reply. The account is not been shared, Synova is the organization i work for.

Regards,

Nikilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikilesh/ Bill/ Whoever owns this account,

If this account is not shared, why was a discussion thread yesterday signed Nikilesh  but a new thread today was signed Bill ?

Please review the Rules of Engagement.

Gretchen