Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Webdynpro Buttons

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a requirement which I have to hide a button from an enhanced webdynpro. The webdynpro is FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA in HR system. And I have to hide the 'Save as Draft' button. I am not specialized in HR ABAP so it is kind of confusing to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Please find attached picture. Hope it help!

Thanks,

Merve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merve,

You can hide it by creating a component configuration.

You can do this by opening the component in SE80 and select Create/Change configuration in the right-click menu on the component name.

Best regards,

Gabor

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

Thanks for yur reply, I went through Se80 to Customize the web dynpro but couldn't find the button which I need to hide. Which web dynpro component should I look for?

Please check the attachments.

Merve

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Merve,

As it is a FPM application, just run your application in Admin mode by following the below steps.

1. Go to your FPM component and choose your application in SE80. Now in the top most task bar, you can see an option 'Web Dynpro Application'. Click and choose the option -> Test - In Browser - Admin mode.

2. Your application starts open and right click on the required button. You will see a option as 'Settings for Current Configuration'. Choose it and change the Visibility property to 'Invisible'.

On saving the application, you can catch those changes in your TR and move to other landscapes too.

BR,

RAM.

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Merve,

There are two ways to implement your requirement.

1) Adaptation concept( Ram and Gabor had mentioned earlier)

2) Coding - you can implement an enhancement on either init method (if its required to be hidden on launch of the application and any action method if its to be hidden based on a user action). Code change implementation will ensure that the button is hidden in all clients and for all users.

User UI element method set_attribute_property to hide the UI element dynamically (wddoinit post exit). Below is a link of something similar.

Simple application to change properties of UI Elements during runtime in Web Dynpro ABAP - Web Dynpr...

regards,

Tashi