cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO BI platform 4.0 SP4 setup Error - The product keycode is not valid. INS00140

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the "The product keycode is not valid. INS00140" error when I try to install SAP BO BI platform 4.0 SP4. I am entering the

correct Product temporary license key which is downloaded from sap marketplace and valid till December 2015. Operating system is

Windows 8.1 64-bit. I already uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Patches.

Can anyone help me in resolving the installation error.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

If you are trying to install BI platform on Windows 8.1 then it is not supported because Windows 8.1 is a client OS. You will need to install BI platform on server OS like Windows Server 2008.

As far as the above error is concerned you can refer below KBAs to resolve this issue.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1652263

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2146731

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BI platform need to be installed on server OS only as mentioned by Hrishikesh. And also you are using the product version which does not support Windows8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply....you were right however i read somewhere online that we can also install on windows 8. Thanks for the conformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I strongly suggest to follow PAM to get the list of supported platform. Just reading from any website is not a right practice.

PAM does not support this type of installation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

<quote>Yes we can </quote>. I have BI4.1 running on my (Windows 7) laptop for demo purposes. I't not supported, but works like a charm.

Here is an example of how to do it:

Cheers,

Dirk Buitendijk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Buitendijk for your reply....

tried the process for the given link...however its not working. I have download the BI 4.1 and the product key in the market place which has valid keys in it. But still the same problem.

Any other possibilities ?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm,

I think I once saw someone using it on a windows 8 client...

Are you sure you have removed the BO software from your PC? Also check/cleanse all BO entries in your registry. BO is famous for that...

Could also be some other prereq that is missing... Or try it on a Windows 7 configuration....

Basically on a 64bit environment these are the steps:

Unzip the patch "BIPLATSVR4104_0-20010870.exe" to a new folder created with name "BI40"

Navigate to:

C:\BI40\dunit\product.boe64.patch-4.1.4.0-core-32\

Edit the file “product.seed.xml”

Find <prerequisite id="getWindowsVersionPreReq"

Change the word SERVER to Workstation:

<arg name="AllowedSuffix" value="Workstation"/>

Save the file and run the installation

BR,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All