Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email to multiple ID in workflow

former_member435556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just Started Working on Workflows I have a requirement to send mail to multiple id's, currently its sending mail to workflow inbox to just Initiator of workflows when it goes to next level, I want to send mail not only initiator of workflows but also Next approver as well.

Please Guide me in this regard

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If the requirement is just to send a notification mail to the approver, you may do so by adding a mail step in your workflow by passing the approver mail ID.

If the requirement is to send the work item to the SAP inbox of the approver, you may do so by forwarding the work item using the function module SAP_WAPI_FORWARD_WORKITEM by passing the work item ID.

In case you are looking for additional detail, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member435556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your valuable information,

My requirement is just to send a notification mail to next approver as well as the initaitor of workflow document, Actually I am totally new to workflow and don't know how to do this , please help me to solve this problem.

former_member185587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I hope you have already designed the work item step which actually sends the work item to the SAP inbox of the initiator.

1)Create a workflow container element which holds the approver mail id. Assign the approver mail ID to the container element in the step which sends the work item to SAP inbox of the initiator.

2)Below this step, include the "Send Mail" step in the workflow.

3) Create a container element for the task of "Send mail".

4) Bind the variable of the workflow container element which holds the approver mail ID to the container element of the task "Send mail".

5) Select the container element from the f4 help of the field "Expression" for the "Send Mail" step ; maintaining Recipient Type as "Organizational Object".

The following demo might be of use to you.

SAP WorkFlow Training | SAP WorkFlow Demo Video - YouTube

Regards,

Kiran

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

You can create a Distribution list with all those mail ID's and trigger workflow for the distribution list.

Regards,

Thanga