cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 MS: Analysis Servcies Cubes are gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are having issues with optimizing (Full- as well as Lite-Optimize) an environment.

The error raised is that the OLAP Cube could not be found.

Checking the Analysis Services, one can see that there are no analysis services Cubes present any more. Maybe due to a manual but unintended deletion.

I wonder if there is a way to recreate these missing cubes?

Thanks for all your ideas,

Best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

when OLAP get damaged for some reason SQL server, if data are still present in the fact tables, is able to recreate it .

To do it, if present, rename the damaged file, after that modify model with process model, this step will recreate the OLAP from scratch.

I see you never close the threads please remember that closing the threads in the right manner will help other users to find quickly a solution and diminuish the garbage in the forums, see please How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

thank you for your reply.

What exactly do you mean by "rename the damaged file"? Are you talking about renaming the analyis services cube? This cube is not present at all any more. However trying to process the model in BPC Administration did not recreate the cube.

Finally I created a backup through the server manager, deleted the old environment and restored the backup afterwards. This way the environment has been recreated including the analysis services cube. Therefore the issue is solved

Thanks again an best regards

Marco

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

obviously the cube are missing when damaged, I meant the xml file, if you don't delete this damaged file sql try to recreate the cube from it and isn't able, only after deletion\renaming it's able to recreate the file and the cube.

Please remember to close the thread.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (0)