Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Plant wise/Storage Location wise where used list of Material ve

Hello Gurus,

I am working is support project wherein we are receiving numerous material extension/creation requests from the users. There are more than 1000 plants and on an average 30 to 40 storage locations per plant.

We want to analyze the usability of extended/created materials.

Are they (users) really using all those materials in requested plants and storage locations?

I have tried to analyze standard SAP tables like EKPO for purchase orders, MSEG for material documents etc. but it is really difficult for me to find all the places/applications where those materials are being used.

Is there any standard SAP report which can tell us the plant wise and storage location wise unused materials? Materials which are not used at all, just created or extended in system without any use?

Thanks,

PS

Former Member
replied

The archiving transaction SARA for object MM_MATNR  does all kind of checks to ensure that only materials that are not used can be archived. With the modification from OSS note 543279 - MM_MATNR: Execution for specific organizational levels  even organization specific.

Whats missing is that it cannot check your own created tables, like conditions (price, messages, batch determination..., any Z-table)

It can be execute as test run, and any material that is listed as archiveable has no usage.

This report can have very long run times since the number of checks is not small and SAP may check on tables that are not in use in your design. The execution of such check maybe less than a second, but the number of checks per material and the number of materials can make the runtime per material pretty long, I have already seen 5 minutes per material.

We developed a report by our self and using it for data cleansing in our system merger projects. But even here we had a runtime of 16 days in our current project (about 2.5 million materials in about 20 plants)

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question