cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a basic view option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Firstly, thanks a lot for help with previous issues of mine! Now I have new one!

I have a assigned "Flavor3" as default flavor to Role "Manager" and consequently other flavors as default flavors for transactions the users assigned to ?Manager" role will use. So all user with role "Manager" have "Flavor3" flavor on the logon. the problem is - they still can choose to move to Basic view - Original screen. We would love to deny this possibility to them - so they can only use flavor3 for SMEN, flavor2 for CAT2 and so on....

Is it possible? and how?

I found an article, but that is regarding personas 2.0 and has some directions not applicable to 3.0. So maybe someone could be so nice and explain to me - how I can restrict users from switching back to Original view(flavor owned by IT Sap)

Thnak you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

this should be disabled if you take away the right to select flavors from your role (P_RUNTIME authorization object). If i remember correctly, this should lead to the "P" disappearing from the screen for those users. They should only have the right to "use_flavor" (i think it is called this way). In 2.0 such an option existed out of the box.

Please try that and share your results.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Yes I now about that option, but what I need is to allow user switch different  flavors just not the original one

As you can see I have assigned one of the flavors as default for the user (role), but still he can change back to original view - which we don't want. We want for the role to be accessible only the customized flavors.

There..I hope I explained it correctly

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Diana,

okay i got your point now. I think there is no way to restrict access to the flavor gallery like this. A user is always allowed to switch to basic view as soon as he or she is allowed to switch flavors in general. I'm not aware of any option to restrict access to the basic view.

The only thing you could do is to only give "Use Flavor" access and implement script buttons which switch flavors for the user. For the user it is even more handy not clicking on the personas icon etc. and they can't access any other flavors. Maybe this is an option for you.

@Edit: To not have 10 script buttons for 10 flavors you could handle it with a simple drop down menue which allows to pick the flavor of the user's choice.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Christoph, I see... then I will use your advice to workaround this issue, although it's a shame there is no such option to allow user to change between different flavors without seeing the basic view

Thank you for your kind support, anyway! Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Diana

Answers (0)