cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of cost from one cost center to same cost center but of different months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to transfer cost lying in one cost center to same cost center but in different month through KB11n and SAP is showing '' Sender & Receiver are identical', change one or other.

Ex- there is Rs. 500,000 lying in in cost center(202000) in Sep'15, I want to transfer this 500,000 in Oct'15 in same cost center(202000), after putting all parameters in KB11n, SAP is showing ''Sender & Receiver are identical', change one or other''.

This cost pertains to 202000 cost center and can't be clubbed into another. Please help.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Only possibility is that reverse Sep entry and do in Oct again

Rajneesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma

As told by Rajneesh, you can't do this because identically you have posted this exp in FI for sept and so your source data is coming from sept..now if you want to change you have to reverse the original posting and again can correct it in oct. When you reverse in FI it will autometically reverse in CC.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal & Rajneesh,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Since Financials have already been prepared & frozen for September month so reversal entry can not be done. But I'm planning to create 1 dummy cost center, I will transfer the exp of 500,000 in that dummy cost center for Sep month and in October I'll transfer that exp from Dummy to right cost center.

So In Sep month, Cost center- 202000 will show Zero balance and in Oct it will show 500,000.
Only the dummy cost center will show negative balance in sep and positive in oct which we're going to ignore.

Regards,

Sushant

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try but still I doubt whether it will work because of source data is in sept...I never tested this.

So please revert back if it works for others to know.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I did the same thing that i told 1 week before by creating the dummy cost center, now in september our cost center balance is zero and in october it is 500,000.

Our dummy cost center is showing +500,000 in september and -500,000 in october. If we select both period in ksb1 then the balance is zero. So, the above method did work.

Thanks for your reply.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant

Nice ...

Kamal