Row:

- account

- CC

Column

- Time

- Category

etc.

The objective is:

the user have whole Accounts from the hierarchy and select the Costcenter.

The initial solution I provided is using EPM Insert Member, for example, fro, Expenses, they select the CC1-SONY-DEP1-NYC  or CC1-SONY-DEP1-NEW

But, they rejected this because there is thousand of CC and the users are bit lazy for use the EPM Insert Member

They requested (as they as initially) the Combobox

Combobox1: CC1 (they have CC1 to CC50)

Combobox2: SONY (they have so many brands)

Combobox3: DEP1 (they have so many Departements)

Combobox4: NYC (they have so many Citys)

after that they selecting (from backend or from EPM) I can concatenate and deliver the final costcenter.

It is possible to achieve this? What would be the alternatives.

2nd: When I open again the input template it the Costcenter should derive the Base (I will hide with empty row with columns

PS. its all because the users are lazy about it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229754
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks.

But, a question, when the users fills the combobox, when you save/refresh the data, the combobox values will be "reseted". Any way to sort this out?

Lets imagine a budget holder fill the data in combobox and send to Budget Approver.

When Budget Approver open the template he won't see the combobox filled correctly from BH, because this information it is not in the system.

My advise would be to create a separate report so they can check the values and update the combobox in input report when they want to change something.

There is one more (not recommended) - Create 4 new dimensions.

What do you think?

Any another option?

Cheers

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"the combobox values will be "reseted"" - why? what do you mean?

The values in combobox cells will be saved with template...

Vadim

former_member229754
Participant
0 Kudos

Saved with template? fixed?

but, if you change the region? the values will be dynamical?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I do not understand the process you want to implement... And the template depends on the steps of the process!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still unclear - what the user will enter in this template at once?

What dimensions are used?

Who is responsible for what?

How many lines will be filled (approximate)?

former_member229754
Participant
0 Kudos

1. they want to enter the CC, BRAND, DEP, CITY (concatenated will the the Costcenter), I do not need to show the Costcenter there, but I can hide it.

2. Dimension: Account, Costcenter for ROW. for Column: Time, categorys etc.

3. The budget holder  enter the the CC,BRAND,DEP, CITY.. but the approver can approve or change the coscenter.. or even add more.

4. It can be filled many as they want.. can be 1 or 100. i'm putting this simple, because they also want to have a Event Description one by one.

Account, EventDescritpion, CC

for example: for Adver Account, PAN_AD_NYC -"Pan Advertisment in New York #1", CC2,-PANANSONIC-DEP2,NYC

etc..

at the end they want to allocate each event to different costcenter as they pretend to.

(I did not share this, because, i wanted to keep it simple at beggining, but, this is my aim)

Thanks.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sure you can try to work without EPM Input form - just lines with EPMSaveData. And this function will get dimension members from cells including cells with comboboxes.

For each base members intersection you will have only single comment on the report...

Vadim

former_member229754
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have any example for how can I do this?

Cheers

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just read help for EPMSaveData and try yourself. Hope you know how to create combobox in the cell using data validation list.

former_member229754
Participant
0 Kudos

"Hope you know how to create combobox in the cell using data validation list."

What you mean about this?

Its not like using the "Data Validation" in Excel Data Menu?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I am talking about Data Validation