cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Movement Type is determined of a material in Goods movement in COR6?

former_member292201
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I am facing some problem regarding movement type selection in Goods movement in COR6.

Actually my client is asking " How 261 or 531 movement type is assigned automatically at the time of COR6".

My reply is " As per the BOM quantity it is defined, if the quantity is positive then 261 will be selected, if the quantity is negative 531 or 101 will be selected. If the material is co-product then 101 and if not then 531 will be selected in movement type in cor6." But they are asking " Where it is mentioned in configuration level?"

Because they are going to customize the movement type 261, 531 & 101.

Now , I just wanted to know how this movement type is determined in COR6 goods movement and where it is configured?

Thanks in advance.

Koushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushik,

Movement type 261, 561 and 101 are standard movement types in SAP. Configuration of movement types is mainly the responsibility of SAP MM. You can use OMJJ transaction and do that with the help from SAP MM consultant or by using the SAP help notes.

Below are some of the threads which will guide you to understand the movement types and resolve your query,

Movement Types | SCN

Field Settings for Movement Types - Maintenance and Service Processing - SAP Library

movement type configuration | SCN

movement type configuration and account determi... | SCN

How To Create a New Material Movement Type

Regards,

Naresh

former_member292201
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir, for your valuable reply. I just wanted to know that 261 or 531 movement type is determined depend upon the BOM quantity symbol ( + or -)?

Thanks & regards,

Koushik

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Koushik,

Yes Its is determined by +/- quanity from BOM only.

+  Consumption  261

- with Co-product indicator do 101

- without Co-product indicator do  531.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

former_member292201
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sir for your valuable reply.

Thanks & regards,

Koushik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It can be defined in transaction code OPKA.

SAP recomending that changes are necessary only if you do not use the SAP standard configuration.

Regards,

Velmurugan S