Migration of legacy contract release values into ECC
I am writing to get any inputs/ideas you may have on legacy contracts migration in MM.
Scenario: Let's say the contract is of total value 100000 AUD and they have consumed 70000 AUD already, if we do not bring in the 70000 AUD in the release history, we lose the control that prevents purchase beyond the next 30000 AUD off this contract.
This release being in the form of open or closed purchase orders, I have the following questions:
1. What is your experience with migrating the release value for the active legacy contracts to ECC?
2. Do you normally load the closed and open purchase orders against the active contracts to let the system update the release values?
3. If yes, how are the follow-on processes (GR, invoice and accounting) handled in this case?
4. If not, is there any way to programmatically update the release values?
I thought about loading only the delta value (remaining unconsumed value) as the total value of the contract, but I see two issues with it in our project:
1. Ours is a case of SAP CLM being the leading system for contracts and the total value of the contract is pulled through from the master agreement to generate the legal contract document that is shared with the supplier. In addition, amendments would happen in CLM on the total value. Hence we cannot afford to load only the unconsumed value in CLM
2. Even if we manage to customize the interface to send through the unconsumed value from CLM from a custom field,
a. this would involve a constant maintenance of this value in CLM for amendments
b. true spend information is lost because of missing total information
Any thoughts you may share on this migration would be of use to me.
Thanks & Regards,