cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial data load and Delta load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm wondering about the Initial Data Load and Delta Load.

While learning Product Substitution process, i saw a description that Condition records can be loaded to CRM with an initial data load or a delta load.

I think these are the way to transfer master data.

Could you tell me what they are ?

Regards

SH KIM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Seunghyeok,

The initial load is the first download/upload of business, customizing, and condition objects between an ERP Backend System and the CRM Application Database. It can be executed by T-code R3AS.

By default, after the initial load of an application object is performed, the delta download is activated. Afterwards, any changes made to corresponding data in the R3 are downloaded to the CRM. However, the delta load is relevant only for objects with flow defined from R3 to CRM and for data exchange in this direction.

Also, there is another way to exchange data between ECC and CRM which is called Request load.

It is using the same frameword with initial load. The request load can be done through T-code R3AR4. You would need to define the request load object in T-code R3AR2.

If you still have any other queries, please let me know.

Best regards,

Julin Xin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Xin

And some more questions,

1. Delta download is used only for R3 ----> CRM ?

Can i use Delta download when i want to upload CRM object to R3 after the initial load ?

2. What is the biggest difference between Request load and Initial load ? I can't totally understand what you mean.

So.. the FIRST LOAD is called as 'Initial' load, and for 2nd load we call it as 'Request load' ?

Regards

SH KIM

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Seunghyeok,

1. The destination of the delta load is object-based. You can check the initial load destination of the object in "initial flow contexts" tab of t-code R3AC1. For example, the initial load of object BUPA_MAIN can be both run from ECC to CRM and from CRM to ECC. However, the initial load of object CUSTOMER_MAIN can be only run from ECC to CRM. The destination of the delta load is the same with initial load.

2. Your understanding is not correct. The first load is indeed called the "initial load" and the subsequent load (called "delta load") then automaticaly happen everytime some changes happen.

You also have request load, using which you can download range of materials/BPs which are missing or needs to be updated.

Additionally, delta load is not available for all objects. It is available for master and transactional data (the objects in R3AC1), while on other hand for customazing data (the objects in R3AC3) you should always use initial load or request load.

Please read more documentation regarding the data exchange between CRM and ECC for better understanding, such as:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crm/master-data-and-middleware/blog/2013/06/26/general-middleware-setti...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/d2/e2945e7aca49c99c2e38fdb302e003/content.htm?frames...

Thanks,

Best regards,

Julin

Answers (0)