Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Migration of User ID and ROles in HANA Studio from ECC

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

A bit of a background , I am developing SAP HANA views, which will be accessed using HANA live Browser or BOBJ.

Now the challenge is the organization has thousands or users and roles,

Is there any way to do a mass migration from ECC into SAP HANA Studio.

Need your urgent attention on this.

Regards,
Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Zeenath,

in this exercise what you proposed is I need to create the users, but I am looking for migration of user id and roles from ECC to hana. So that I don't need to recreate authorizations.

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You're probably looking for the SAP HANA Authorization Assistant. Lots of discussions about that here already:

http://scn.sap.com/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&q=%22authorization+assistant%22&Submit=Search

I hope that helps.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Lucas,

I know about the tool, the problem is AAA runs report wise, its the reverse Engineering. View

So you make the view first and then assign them role. It doesn't work that way. and it doesn't even runs smoothly all the time. the reason being ECC roles are Object Dependent and these are report dependent. I don't know how did SPA came up with AAA.

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well the HANA Live private views are directly dependent on base SAP tables. That's why the AA tool rely on views. Anyhow, I'm not sure what you're looking for anymore. Maybe you can specify a little better so we can verify if there's anything to help.

Brs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

Please follow the below link to create users and role assignment in HANA studio .

Thanks

Zeenath

SAP BW/BI/BPC/HANA Certified Consultant