cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Loans Posting and VAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regarding the banking application, Loans management... I have a few questions I require assistance with please.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to a sustainable SAP system to test this myself so was hoping someone could be my saving grace and help me.

1.  Is it possible to add a vat code to the interest posting (specifically interest income) leg for a loan given?  The idea is to view these postings on the SAP vat reports for further client reporting requirements.

2.  When setting up a loan given, what is the financial postings (G/L accounts, debit/credits) that occurs in order to complete a full process from loan given to loan  maturity?  I am trying to understand what when a loan is disbursed, interest is posted and a repayment is posted, which accounts are hit from a financial perspective in SAP.

3.  What is the purpose of the recon account posting for disbursements, interest and repayments for a loan given and what other options are available if you do not post to a recon account.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first question, Please check below thread.

former_member226654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am answering your second point

At the time of Loan taken

Bank a/c dr

To Liablity a/c

At the time of interest payment

Interest a/c DR ( Exp GL)

To Bank a/c

At the time maturity