cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Product Design to PBoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to add the product Design to the production bill of material, As gone through the document, this can be achieved by  " For the material component type as " Assembly" , Can you please advise  how to create material with the component  type as "Assembly" . Now the Material type as "Part".

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Vijay,

Kindly refer the help document "Product Designs Quick Guide"

a quote from help document

1. On the  General tab, in the Detailed Structure table, you can also enter other product designs that are components of this product design.

2. On the  Where Used tab, you can add products that are represented by this product design

Note :

1. so what you use in detailed structure table will be your output product when you convert to BOM

2. so the detailed structure table, what you enter the product designs will be your input product

Conclusion : When you have a product design under a product design(under detailed structure table), it is converted into component type assembly product design which is made eligible to converted to Pbom.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I had followed as you suggested, but I the component type is as component..

Thanks

Vijay

Samraj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I agree with the Leo's comments on creating the assembly and parts.

I also faced a similar kind of an issue with respect to parts and assemblies.

It might be system bug. Pls check with SAP.

Regards,

Samraj