cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defects Code Group assignment level

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 code groups e,g  DEF1 and DEF2 of catalog type 9 defects, DEF1 can only be selected at operation level defects recording using QF01 and on the other hand DEF2 is only available at Characteristic level defects recording .

I want both code groups at both assignments levels while doing defects recording through QF01.

thanks,

Zeeshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I find the system behavior is strange here as I never yet have come across the appearance of different defect codes groups at operation level and at characteristic level. We do not have such facility in OQN6 transaction code either to assign at these levels. I want to understand this more in details. Could you please provide some more info on this especially below,

1. Screen shot of code groups that appear at operation level
  2. Screen shot of code groups that appear at characteristic level
  3. Are you doing the defect recording against the same material code and the same notification type when you noted this difference?
  4. Screen shot of OQN6 transaction code. (Need to check the code groups that are assigned to the catalog profile)

If you can not provide the screen shot then you can verify these points at your end.

Anand

0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks for your inputs.

I found the reason for such behavior, below was the setting:

The code group which was only available at Operation level was defined for catalog profile in OQN6.

The code group which was available at characteristic level was defined in catalogs for MIC of materials' inspection plan.

If OQN6 setting for a code group is not done it will not be available for defects recording, but if it is directly entered in MIC catalogs then can be utilized to record defects at MIC level.

Any other inputs are welcome.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

subhrantbal
Participant

Hi Zeeshan ,

Have you assigned both the code Groups to the plant and Selected set .

If not then assign them as shown below .

Then assign the selected set to the MIC ( Qualitative ) and also assign those MIC to the Operations in the Quality plan. ( tr code - QP01 ).

Thanks

Subhrant

0 Kudos

Dear Subhrant,

thanks for reply, none of the code groups has been created as selected set, so why 1 is allowed at one level and not on other level.

At operation level when trying to create defect manually it gives below error:

As you can see QM-M has already added, but not QM-E.

but at characteristic level it is like QM-E is accepted but not QM-M.

Thanks

Zeeshan

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

Kindly go through this document. I am sure it will help you a lot.

Document shared by Mr. Maheswaran KD

Regards

S Ahmed