cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Analysis Using Earned Values (POC is not updated in KKA2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to implement the Result Analysis functionality for the first time, using the POC from the progress analysis,

I made the required configurations/master data, but i'm facing the problem that when i run the result analysis transaction KKA2, the POC is not being updated.

System keeps fetching the 1st POC which was recorded on the progress tab of WBS (CJ20N) the 1st time i ran KKA2, and when the POC of the WBS changes in CJ20N, those changes are not updated in KKA2.

The below is some screenshots of the setup i made:

Now I try to run KKA2 for period 10.2015, system should fetch the current progress (80%), however it keeps fetching the progress where recorded the last time i ran it (67.5%)

Note: The progress of period 10.2015 was 67.5% the 1st time i tested KKA2, and I changed it manually to 80%.

Appreciate your valuable help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to run CNE1 and then run kka2.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Vengaiah,

Your advise relay works and it solved my issue.

But now I have a new different issue, when I'm trying to settle the WBS in CJ88, I got this message:

There are no accrued amounts; settlement is not possible.

Message No. KD256

Diagnosis

The sender has a results analysis key, but no accrued values.

Either the accrual was not yet started for the sender, or the values to be settled from the accrual equal zero.

Note

Actual costs are only settled once the sender is technically completed or finally delivered.

This applies to

• Projects that cannot carry revenues
  • In Service Management for sales order production to the indicator (Calculate WIP for orders in sales order production) set in the accrual version for
  • Production orders
  • Internal orders with no revenues
  • Orders with no revenues
  • In Service Management for engineer-to-order production to the indicator (Calculate WIP for orders in engineer-to-order production ) set in the accrual version for
  • In Service Management to the indicator (Calculate WIP for internal and service orders with no revenues) set in the accrual version for
  • To the indicator (Calculate WIP for production orders without settlement to material) set in the accrual version for
  • Production orders without settlement to material

Procedure

1. 1. If necessary, start the accrual calculation for the sender
  2. 2. Restart settlement

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto tcode CJI3 and check whether you have actual costs and which month it belongs to. Above error comes when you try to run settlement for a object, but cost is either settled for object the competely or you night not have booked any cost for the period that you are running settlement.

For example : from your screen shot , i can you are trying to run for period 10, check in cj88 whether you have costs for 10 period or not.

If you run the KKA2 for 10 period and save report after running it. and then run cj88.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vengaiah.

I ran CJI3, in found that there is actual cost on the project, but not directly on my billing WBS (level 2) element, it has been posted to its subordinate (level 5  WBS elements)

Anyway, i ran KKA2 and then saved it, and the error vanished. previously i wasn't saving after run.

But now I have a new issue :

When I tried to run KKA2 again (after saving) for the same period (10.2015), I found that POC became 100%, and planned cost reduced from 10000 $ to 6000 $, and Reserves & Inventories values disappeared

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

By any chance did u change the status of the project to teco.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, from your screen shot. I can see the result analysis as final. Which you have change the status of the project.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yess!

I did so while trying to solve the previous  error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll create a new project with fresh data and repeat the cycle over again tomorrow

Thank you very much for your incredibly valuable input

Answers (0)