Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to test my source and target data?

former_member241220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario,I have a source with 100 columns, In that 100 columns few columns had been changed length of datatype such as Employee_name varchar2(30) into Employee_name varchar2(150). I have been changed column length and Execute the job successfully. Now my question is how to verify data is going successfully into my target in Full load and delta load. I can not look each and every record in Source side because I have 30 millions records in source.

Could you please suggest me how to verify data is coming successfully from source to target in best way, I hope you understand my question. I am using SAP Data Service 4.2 version and source is Oracle 11g and target also Oracle 11g.

Thanks

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re-import the source table definition in DS. Adjust the mappings in your transforms. Add use template tales for your targets.

There's no need to "look each and every record in Source side", you'll just have to look into each column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a length function in Oracle.

You can use that function to calculate length of each columns  at source & then compare the same with target.

You can create query like shown below after running job:

Select length(column1),length(column2) from source_table

minus

select length(column1),length(column2) from target_table.

If the result is null then it means data is loaded correctly in target.

Thanks,

Swapnil

former_member241220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Here my source was in one database and target was in another database. Then how can I use minus in different schema.

For Example: Source is in SRC_DEV databsse and target is in EDW_DEV database.

Thanks&Regards

Murali.