cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After PI Sheet completion for a Process order want to do Inprocess Inspection lot closure automatically

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I am posting this query, as I could not able to find relevant details in earlier threads for my requirement.

Here in my case, When I complete my PI Sheet, I want to set up a background job there by I want to make Auto UD and Completion of In process Inspection lot 03. ie., the background job need to pick all In process inspection lot 03 for which PI sheet is completed at that moment and do auto UD and I/L closure.

I require your valuable input for implementing the same or require your help in getting the relevant SAP threads for the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

subhrantbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

I can tell you the steps for Automatic UD of the lots which belongs to Inspection type 03.

1)  In Inspection setup , for inspectiopn type , you se;ect the check box as Automatic Usage Decison.

2) In SPRO : QM --> Basic settings --> mantain settings for plant level ---> select Plant --- here you mantain the default delay time for UD.

3) Schedule Automatic UD in Tr code QA17 for Inspection Lots , create a new variant then schedule it.

4) If you want to do automatic UD for Produuction Lots then go to Tr code QA41 and create a new variant as per your requirement.

Do some R&D and let me know if it can be helpful. By this way you can get the Inspection lots and Production orders . But I think there is not any way to link it to PI Sheet .

You can go for an enhancement or can see any User exits , if it suites your requirement.

Thanks

Subhrant

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you have that link directly to auto close the inspection lots based on PI sheets. Rather it depends upon whether all the required results have been recorded in the inspection lot or not.

So if you can establish a mechanism before closing PI sheet that unless the required results are recorded fully you should not close the PI sheet then it could possibly work.

As far as stand alone UDs are considered based on results recording completion, the settings are same as Subhrant has mentioned.

Anand