Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Solution Tools SP14 - Stopped on Import_Proper phase

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm importing several Support Packages to update my Solution Manager 7.1 System up to Solution Tools ST SP14 (SAPKITL714). I used the SPAM Queue Calculator to add all the required Support Packages and extra Components.

Unfortunatelly the process stopped in the IMPORT_PROPER phase due to missing Tables.

- Error in phase:        IMPORT_PROPER

- Reason for error:    TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code:           0008

- Error message:       OCS Package SAPKITL714, tp step "I", return code  0008

Checking the Log File SAPIITL714.<SID> located in /usr/sap/trans/log :

Details of the Log (too long to attach it):

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRTABU/UI5/TREP_FILES" ...

3WETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_FILES" does not exist in nametab.

4 ETW000 no entries for /UI5/TREP_FILES will be imported in this step.

2EETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_FILES" does not exist in nametab.

3 ETW676 end import of "R3TRTABU/UI5/TREP_FILES" (warnings).

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRTABU/UI5/TREP_TEXT" ...

3WETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT" does not exist in nametab.

4 ETW000 no entries for /UI5/TREP_TEXT will be imported in this step.

2EETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT" does not exist in nametab.

2EETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT" does not exist in nametab.

3 ETW674Xstart import of "R3TRTABU/UI5/TREP_TEXT_T" ...

3WETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT_T" does not exist in nametab.

4 ETW000 no entries for /UI5/TREP_TEXT_T will be imported in this step.

2EETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT_T" does not exist in nametab.

2EETW109 table "/UI5/TREP_TEXT_T" does not exist in nametab.

I've found out that SAP Note 2223723 states that the SPAM Check Component Software have an error for the

Component UISAPUI5 (It should be >= SP12 for SolMan 7.1 ST SP14).   The missing tables seems to belong to the UISAPUI5 component.

The solution in this SAP Note is to modify the Check Component Software to force to check the UISAPUI5 Component to be greather than SP 12 BEFORE applying the Support Package 7.1 SP14, but this is too late because we already have the problem in the Import_Proper phase.

What can we do to fix the error?

Should we apply SAP Note 1022755 to force the Import phase to skip the Check up for these Tables during the IMPORT_PROPER phase? Won't this be a problem later for the UISAPUI5 Component and Tables that weren't updated by this Support Package?

Should we do a system recover and start over the process?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Miguel Vizcaino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP recommended to install patches using SUM latest patch and not sure why you are using SPAM/SAINT ??

Hope if you have backup then restore the system and start with SUM

Thanks

Sateesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel/Boris,

I was able to update to SP14 now (First I had to restore the system and then updated as below)

We were on SP07 initially and I had to first update to SP12 thru SAINT using the stack xml file and then update to SP14 using SPAM

Thanks for you suggestions

Thanks,

Ravi

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm glad that you made it to SP14.

SAP recommends to use SUM (Software Update Manager) to install Support Packages and Add-ons but I didn't know about that tool at the time I was applying Support Packs.

Here is a link to an introduction to the tool:

Regards,

Miguel.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always recommended to use SUM tool for support package stack update in the system by generating stack.xml using MOPZ.

Regards,

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely right mahalakshmi !

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miquel,

I have same problem like you !!! Do you have any news how to resolve this it ?

Thank you in advance for your replay.

Boris Milosevic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miquel/Boris,

Please let me know when yu have a fix

I have the same issue with Solution manage SPS 14 update

SAPIITL714

Table /UI5/TREP_TEXT_T is not in nametab

Thanks,

Ravi

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

I was told by SAP Support to recover the System and then apply SAP Note 2223723 before applying the Support Packages again.

We need to to install UI add-ons for Netweaver  (at least SAP UI5 SP14 and SAP UI INTEGRATION INFRASTRUCTURE SP 14) and all the available CTS_PLUG add-ons (sp 16) before installing Support Package Solution Tool SP14 (ST SP14) or you'll hit this bug again.

The above recommendations are valid only if you want to install ST SP14 in this scenario:

I did recover the system but the SAP Note above mentioned couldn't be applied with SNOTE tcode neither manually.

I was lost until one of my co-workers helped me to create an XML Stack File using the Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ), including all the prerequisites to install the ST SP14, as the needed Support Packages and add-ons. It is mandatory as per SAP Note 1666368.

I did install that MOPZ's Stack XML file using SAINT and the installation ran this time with just minor issues like having to call SPAU, unlocking some objects and resetting some note corrections to original (usual stuff when you import Support Packages).

I didn't want to cancel/terminate the Support Pack import process and let the system in a corrupted state. That's why I opted for the system recovery. It was easy for me because I had a Solaris ZFS snapshot which helped me to recover the system in some minutes.

Sorry for the long story, it seems that there is not an easy solution for this bug. I hope that this could be helpful for you!

Miguel Vizcaino.

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miquel,

thank you for the swift  answer. Yes this was the case with my problem as well. Once i had downloaded complete SP14 stack content and started to work with the stack file , the problem disappeared.

Now I'm trying to implement my stack SP14 content (via SAINT) without (INTEGRATION INFRASTRUCTURE SP 14) because it was not part of my stack file. All others components you mentioned are part of my stack file.

I'll keep you and SCN members posted with my progress .

Stay in touch.

BM

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miquel and SCN ,

just to update my SP14 finished ok without implementing INTEGRATION INFRASTRUCTURE SP 14 !

Reagrds

Boris

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

I'm glad that you made it!

I'm not sure if my partner added the Integration Infrastructure add-on or if it was added by MOLPZ.

Thanks for the update,

Miguel Vizcaino

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I'm not sure if the comments in the thread were useful for you or not but as a recap, you have to do this:

1. Recover your system back, prior to importing the queue.

2. Use MOLPZ to create a Stack XML file with all the Support Packages that you need to apply, this will add the required Netweaver Components as UI5 (and it might load others as well).

3. Import the Stack XML using SAINT tcode.

That's the only way (that I know) to install the UI5 Add-on and be able to install the ST SP14.

Hope that this is useful for you!

Miguel Vizcaino

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

what is the UI infrastructure used for and is it necessary? same with patching ST to SP 14?

can we choose a lower STack level?

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello María,

The SAP UI Integration Infrastructure was showed in the SPAM Queue Calculator as required (in my case) by the SAPUI5 (SAP User Interface for HTML5 collection libraries) as you can see in the image below:

I wanted to install the latest Solution Tools Support Package (ST), I didn't look for Stack versions, I worked with SPAM's Queue Calculator to check the requirements for ST SP14. I haven't worked yet with SUM neither check the stack levels and their components yet, so I don't really know for sure if you can go for a lower Stack level .

In Boris's case, the UI Infrastructure add-on was not needed. So if MOLPZ doesn't show you the add-on as required then you don't have to include it in your queue.

This is a link to an SAP Fiori brief installation Overview where you can see mentions to the UI Infra add-on, hopefully it could be of some help:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3020cd1b-68fb-3010-928b-cf24a175f...

Another recommendation, use SUM instead of SAINT to apply the UI Add-ons and Support Packages. I didn't know it before (and none of my partners did!) therefore I ran into this issue.

Good luck!

Miguel Vizcaino.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

at this point and while in this error is there another work around instead of the restore and restart in order to use the XML file to import the stack?

I had seen this thread before and thought I had eliminated this problematic SP.  I also did the restore. Apparently I missed eliminating it from my stack

Now again stuck using saint.

Is there another work around to skip over this error?

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

María,

Unfortunately, "Restore the system" was the answer that I got from SAP Support, it seems that there is no way back after you hit the bug (unless you want to risk the system and manually create the missing standard tables listed in the log).

I guess that you might try to install the SUM tool after you restore the system and then try to create an XML file to install only the Netweaver UI Extensions Add-ons before installing the Stack for the Solution Tools SP 14 in order to avoid the error.

I'm not an expert on this but I think that it could work unless I hear something else from the gurus!

Sorry for the bad news but I hope that if you install these add-ons before the SP then you could get better results.

Miguel Vizcaino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 1: You will not be able to install SP14 with out UI

only thing you will need to do is upgrade your stack until SP12 first usinf SPAM/SAINT

and then generate stack xml for SP14 which includes UI files and run SPAM/SAINT

or

Option 2 : run the upgrade thru SUM

In my case I went ahead with option 1 because I had some issues with Java and had a hostname conflict with solution manager Disaster recovery system, I have to force some changes in the hosts file entry which points to the DR system but SUM tool is not liking it

If I remove that hosts file entry then Java is not geting started

Since I don't want to spend much time in that as I was busy in some other things and I went aheas with SPAM/SAINT which how ever took good amount of time

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Vizcaino,

Could you please let us know the packages defined in the current queue.

Regards,
Anand.

miguel_vizcaino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

This is a quick reference of the Supports Defined in the Queue (I have attached a spreadsheet with a more detailed list, including the SP names).

These are a lot of support packages (97), but the installation was working fine until we hit that bug related to the Queue Calculator Check Software at the IMPORT_PROPER phase.

SAP BASISSAP Basis ComponentBasis Support Package for 7.02SP 11 - 17
SAP_ABACross-Application Component ABA Support Package for 7.02SP 11 - 17
CTS_PLUGSAP CTS PluginCTS_PLUG 200SP 01 - 15
GW_CORESAP GW CORE 200 GW_CORE 200SP 04 - 06
PI_BASISBasis Plug-In PI_BASIS Support Package for 7.02SP 11 - 17
IW_BEPBackend Event Provider IW_BEP 200SP 04  -  08
SAP_BS_FNDSAP Business Suite Foundation SAP_BS_FND 702SP 09 - 15
SAP_BWSAP Business Warehouse BW Support Package for 7.02SP 11 - 17
IW_FNDSAP IW FND 250 IW_FND 250SP 04 - 06
SAP_APSAP Application Platform SAP_AP 700: Support PackageSP 27 - 33
WEBCUIFSAP Web UI Framework WEBCUIF 701SP 08 - 14
BBPCRM BBPCRM BBPCRM 701Special SP + SP 08 - 14