cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of FSA Employer contribution field for additional deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus-

I have a requirement to deduct an FSA Admin Fee each pay period while the employee is enrolled in an FSA plan.

Currently, this extra deduction is being processed on IT14, however, since IT14 and the Benefits module are not connected, the employee can reach the end of the year, not re-enroll in FSA, and/or voluntarily drop the FSA plan during the year and the IT14 deductions erroneously continue.

To keep the extra deduction in sync with the FSA plan, I attempted to populate the Deduction wage type currently in use for the Admin fee on IT14 into the Employer contribution field on the FSA plan configuration setup.

The wage type is successfully processed by Payroll, however, it still comes through as an Employer contribution instead of an extra employee deduction even though the wage type is defined as a deduction wage type.

Can I simply change some configuration settings (i.e. Wage type characteristics, Processing classes, Evaluation classes, etc.) to get Payroll to process this as a deduction?  Or would a payroll rule have to be written to handle?

Thank you for your assistance with this matter!

Maxine Wood

SAP Benefits Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxine,

Since there are no additional fields you will need to capture the admin fee amount as you are doing it now just need to make sure you only allow admin fee if you see FSA contribution wage type getting generated or else ignore it in your payroll custom rule and place it post the FSA function in schema.

Hope this gives some help.

Thanks,

Ameet