Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilldown function from ALV list

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP Friends,

I am producing an ALV list output with summarized costs from table COEP. I use a COLLECT statement to summarize costs that have been posted to a cost element. The ALV list shows a total amount which could be made up of several positive and negative amounts. For example, the ALV list could show a total of +21500 which could be made up of 3 amounts:

+35600

+21500

I need to be able to provide a way of breaking out the individual amounts that make up this total amount in the ALV list. For example having a button in the ALV list screen so that if a user highlights a cell in the ALV it can prsent a 2nd popup screen shoing the individual amounts beneath the total.

Can you how I might achieve this or something similar in an ALV list drilldown?

Thanks for any ideas.

Michael

12 REPLIES 12

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLIS package contains various demos.

See programs:

BCALV_GRID_02

BCALV_GRID_03

Regards .

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as Eitan mentioned, you can refer to the programms, 2,and 3.

but you can also refer to "BCALV_TEST_GRID_F4_HELP" program if you would like to make the list drop-down editabled

BCALV_TEST_GRID_F4_HELP

Regards

Ebrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use ALV grid, even using SALV classes, you'd have to do it completely manually, with quite big amount of work.

But from 7.40 there's new, much better way for displaying data (including grouping)

SAP List Viewer with Integrated Data Access (ALV with IDA) - SAP GUI - SAP Library

Quick tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLhHciMIzow

At the end of the video you can see an example which does the job you want.

Regards,

Radek

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is nice, can we use this for internal tables ?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately not, select statement is embedded inside the engine, but in my opinion it is a really good thing. In order to select the data, you can leverage new options in SQL using CDS Views. If you have HANA as a database - even better: HANA view (and SQL Script).

For enhancing visual design, you could use calculated fields:

List Fields - SAP GUI - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Hi,

What about us mere mortals who do not have SAP HANA ?

I am still waiting for multiple line heading in ALV grid.....

Regards.

0 Kudos

That's a solution, ALV with Integrated Data Access works also for "old" databases. The only difference is in preload of data. In HANA every scroll is a separate select, so only visible data is selected.

If you don't use HANA, all data is selected into internal table (it is for sure - I've debugged into it some time ago).

So, the only requirement is 7.40, nothing else. CDS Views are also available from 7.40 for tradional databases also

Regards,

Radek

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking at program DEMO_CDS_PARAMETERS

When I click on demo_cds_parameters

I am getting

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Regards.

0 Kudos

That's a tricky point You can only build and display CDS Views in Eclipse...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I am getting old but I prefer to rely on the KISS principle and not on tricks....,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also do not understand that move. The only explanation is to force developers to use Eclipse for the whole development, but the way it is done is a bit controversial. Instead of encouraging developers to use new artifacts and smoothly move to Eclipse, they made a "wall" for new solutions in ABAP and to be honest, most of people use SAP GUI and all the things can be easily and efficiently done there.

Regards,

Radek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its the sales manager idea.....

Regards.