APO SNP CTM-PP/DS - CBP- Characteristic Propagation
I am working on a VC environment and wanted to use the APO CBP functionality; Characteristics Based Forecasting -DP and SNP-CTM/PPDS for supply chain planning purpose,
The scenarios is--
I have a multilevel (~8-10 levels) Sellable KMAT product with very high number of characteristics and complex object dependency rules in Configure-to-Order// Build-to-Order manufacturing environment. I wanted to plan the critical and long lead time component and do a constraint (capacity & material) planning using APO Characteristic Based Planning. We are planning to use either one of following approach to simplify the complex product/BOM structure (PDS) for planning purposes.....
1. Nested Planning KMAT (multilevel- KMAT within KMAT)
2. Simplified-- Multilevel Sellable KMAT
3. Flatten Product/BOM structure ( Single level Planning KMAT all most of planning relevant characteristics)
We wanted to explode the nested KMAT (PKAMT/SKAMT) PDS and generated component requirement at each level.
I have an understanding that the Multi-Level Variant Configuration and Characteristic Propagation in the PPM is supported/possible in both schema, VC & CDP. We have VC schema in our scenario and planning to use either SNP CTM or APO PP/DS based on the available functionality support.
The questions I have are---
1. Does VC Schema support characteristic propagation in the PDS using CTM or PP/DS?
2. Does VC Schema support characteristic values in pegging ?
Kindly share the insight and any past experience in this area.
Thanks in advance!!