cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete delivery when Overall WM status is B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to delete delivery ,when Overall WM status is B.

In T-code VL02N, the delivery could not be deleted due to the WM status

( Item 10 cannot be deleted (WM status)

Message no. VL110

I read the note no 2030537

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

TO is created,but before TO confirmation we need to delete delivery.

Is there any possibility to change error message into no warning message.I check in OVAH also it is not available.

Thanks,

Thambi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have to agree with  Mrs Veselina here.

Instead of keeping packing status to C for converting the cancel option to display at E-commerce,why don't we use either picking status/Sales order status itself as a parameter here??

just have some discussion with your business heads..

To Veselina: Thank you very much for your detailed reply as always followed by you-- your detailed answer will further eliminates the doubts of members..Very good habbit of helping others--thanks for your helping nature.

Phanikumar

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with WM picking you are not be able to delete an item where an open TO exists. However confirmed TO can be deleted. In OVM1 switch VL173 to warning to allow deletion of the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once transfer order is confirmed i can delete the delivery.

Even without VL173 message i can delete delivery.

In OVM1 switch VL173 to warning to allow deletion of the delivery.

173-Item & has already been made available by a transfer order

What is the use of this?Do this meet my requirement.

I have tested by keeping this message in OVM1 .When OveralWM status is B,i cannot delete delivery.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, use LT15 to cancel TO. Overall WM status should automatically set to 'A'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any possibility to set reason for TO cancellation .

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, as far as I know unfortunately not.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the transfer order is confirmed you have to return manually the picked products to the picking or to the main area.

Please consider that deleting a delivery added to a shipment (if you use transportation module) is not an easy task as well (from technical view).

When designing an interface between SAP and an external WMS system it is important to consider not only the technical implementation, but also how this will be performed by the business - an actual business knowledge of warehouse and transportation processing is very beneficial in such case. If you do not have such experience, it would be a good approach to involve a business consultant or knowledgeable key users in the interface design phase.

You did not mention what are the capabilities of the third-party software and its usage - if it supports pallet handling or picking task maintenence, you might be able to receive information to reverse the picking or return the pallets back to the warehouse. Check with the software vendor what kind of messages they support.

In general it may be wiser instead of delivery deletion to update delivery quantity to the pick quantity at shipment loading end - in such case you will not need to reverse any shipment statuses.

From your explanation I assume that this third-party software is a stand-alone application that does not necessarily require SAP to work. Just because an action is possible in a 3rd party software does not mean that it should be done or that it makes business sense to be done when interfacing to SAP - check with the business if they really insist on deleting a delivery once warehouse processing is initiated and what internal business controls are or will be established to ensure correct processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

3rd Party software is meant for Order Management only.(It is an E-commerce site)

So customer have direct touch with E-commerce,he can place the order and cancel the order.

Once order is created 3rd party software ,we reflect the same order creation in SAP also.

We dont have transportation management.

WMS is part of ECC only.

The below process happens in SAP

Sales Order-->Delivery --->(Transfer order,TO Confirmation)--->PGI--->Invoice

The client is implementing SAP majorly for order handling,inventory & ware house management.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did the business state officially until which point the client is allowed to cancel his order?

This is usually described in the 'Terms' section of the webpage the customer uses for creating an order.

Imagine the customer cancels the order after the truck has already left - how this will be handled?

Before starting to develop the solution - did you receive this information as a part of the approved business requirement? It is even possible that you may not need to handle such cases at all .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is officially declared that when we send packing status  "C' from SAP,then customer will not allowed to cancel the order,Cancel option in E-Commerce will be disabled.Upto this state customer have the right to cancel the order in OMS.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you expected to perform planning of additional deliveries onto the truck after the event of order cancellation?

I am afraid you cannot fully automate the process even if you do not have to trigger again transportation planning.

The warehouse should unpack everything for the delivery (it could be with status packing in process), then LT0G (if it is possible - depends on your warehouse setup and stock situation, in some cases you get a 'lock icon'). If LT0G is not an option, check SAP note 1459764 - Cannot cancel a TO using LT0G as items are locked on how to do perform the reversal.

I hope you charge the customer in case of such late cancellation - it results in inefficiency in truck optimization and increases the workload for the warehouse personnel.

You may also wish to record the order cancellation with a special rejection reason for reporting purposes.

If you need to add new deliveries to the shipment in case a big delivery is cancelled or change to a smaller truck, you will need to reverse the shipment status and perform the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veslina for your reply.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you simply cancel the transfer order then-since it is not confirmed?

How the warehouse would know otherwise that a certain task should not be performed?

There is a good reason why the message is set to error in the first place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is we interface with 3rd party software.Once a customer creates an order in 3rd party,same order will be replicated in SAP.

Any time customer can delete order in 3rd party software.

The same have to reflect here in SAP.But in between we would have processed the order and created a delivery note and pick list would be created.

A cut of limit is set when packing status ,i.e after picking ,we do packing.once this status is send to 3rd party,then customer will not be allowed to delete order.

Please suggest me how to handle it.