cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split of SAP CRM Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a client who is looking to split their SAP CRM system into 2 instances depending on their business units.

Want to know if SAP advises  on a framework as to what should be done when we are splitting the systems

I want to know if there is a standard approach and what are the things to be considered while doing the same?

Any reference to any SAP published article or reference would be great.

Regards,

Neerav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is example for this kind of split. One of my previous client was using 3 CRM boxes:

• Sales, Marketing biz
  • Service biz
  • Regional biz includes all functionalities

Of course, in this kind of landscape, the first thing you should consider is the master data, how to synchronize. Along with the second one, which is the interaction between different business processes if they are across systems.

Basically, there are pros and cons, however, one the decision is made, then we as consultants, are responsible for make it happen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no standard tools that I know of for this type of split.  Instead you will have to look at how much overlap you have in your master and transactional data between the new legal entities.

Let's just assume you make two copies of the original system with the goal that only each legal entity in each system only gets their set of customers and transactions.    The new question is how did those customers get organized (do you have distinct sales areas).  For your transactions did you mark them by sales area or some other means?

Then you also face the problem of whether any of the customers are shared across the two new legal entities.  If you have shared customers, then you need to decide whether those customers go to both and what transactions go to each new legal entity.

You really will have build custom tools(ABAP Programs) to handle your specific business scenarios.

Take care,

Stephen