cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon to Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with the logon to Crystal report, This is my Code.

And this is the output after I run the Code,  the database name I wrote in the Code doesn't appear in the space, only the server name and Username, and When I write the password it give my logon Failed.

Any suggestions !!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're missing a lot of info...

Version of CR?

Version of VS .NET

32 bit / 64 bit?

What Database?

Version of database?

Are you using datasets?

How are you connecting to the database?

If MS SQL, what client are you using?

And probably more... If you comment out the logon code, the report will prompt for the db logon. Does that work ? (just a test)

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version of CR?    

13_0

Version of VS .NET  

VS2010 >>>> .Net framework 4

32 bit / 64 bit?   

32 bit

What Database?

Local Database in Visual Studio using SQL Server Database

Version of database?

I Don't know how to know this

Are you using datasets?

Yes I created the Crystal Report Using Wizard and Connect one table from the dataset

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are an awful lot of ambiguities in your reply... I am still not sure what you are actually doing. And version 13_0 does not tell me anything useful either.

If you are indeed using datasets (and I am not convinced that you are), than CR does not care about your database logon. Right? E.g.; it will not even know that there is a database there somewhere. So, get rid of the db logon code and have a read of the following:

KBA 1511438 - How to use datasets to pass data to crystal reports

And (this one is critical!!!!):

1525432 - Could not load file or assembly 'file:///<Path>crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencie...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a beginner in these things, when I create the Crystal Report using wizard I Choose the dataset during That, I don't know why it is not appear in the code. This is a Screenshot of the Crystal Report.

I need any thing to run the Crystal Report, Or If there is any way to Disable prompting the database logon

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use datasets, see the following:

If you want to connect to ta database directly, see:

sample apps using both datasets and database are here:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

My recommendation is to start small; a report with one table, one field. Make this work, than start adding complexities such as subreports, parameters, etc., etc.

- Ludek

Answers (0)