Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to change WCD Approvals from WCT4 and/or WCT8

avnikant_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I don't know if this is correct forum for WCM related  queries.

If Yes,

I have requirement as Below:

Currently only those users who have change access to WCDs have access to update the approvals on a WCD.  The Business has requirement that would allow certain users who only have display access to WCDs to be able to update WCD approvals. 

Approvals can be accessed through the standard WCT7/8 t-codes or via a WCD list edit (WCL3/4).

WCT7/8 WCD Approvals:

WCM1 pic.

Selecting the approval for a WCD will display the approvals for that WCD:

WCM2 pic.

My Assumption:

Can we use this as a way to access the Approvals for a WCD in change when the user only has display access?  (Special authorization object or security profile?)

Please share your thought and way we can fulfil this requirement.

Thansk
Avnikant Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avnikant,

Another option can be SAP GuiXT which can help in such cases which requires Role specific user interface , in this case the approval screen 5100   GuiXT calls in the background to function BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL and extract the current user role to be available to GuiXT so  you can   query in the GuiXT script on the user role   ,This solution works whether access the approval button from WCL3 or from WCT7

//saplwcfg.5100.txt

if not  Q[Role=SAP_WCD_APPROVE]        //replace this role with your approvers role

noinput T[SAPLWCFG_TCTRL_5100]    //display all approval table

del P[/11]                        //remove the save pushbutton in the toolbar

del P[/30]                        //remove the issue pushbutton in the toolbar

endif

Before GuiXT:

After GuiXT

see more information about the above functionality in :Role specific user interface

this functionality dose not requires InputAssistance license .

Regards,

Ziv

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Avnikant,

Interesting query! There is no t-code for WCDs akin to IPM2 for us to use... In principle, if you want to change the Approvals on a WCD, then the user would have to have the access to Change the WCD. I feel it will not be possible to segregate this based off the standard.

One possibility could be to try to record an SHD0 Transaction Variant of the t-code WCT7 and disable or hide all the fields and function codes, apart from the one relevant for the Approvals.

Another possibility is to use BADI_WCM_WCMOBJ and see if you could use methods such as CHANGES_FORBIDDEN, FCODE_DEACTIVATE, FUNCTION_AUTHORIZATION_CHECK, SAVE_CHECK to prevent certain users from changing fields or accessing function codes. I expect a custom authorization object would also be required.

PS. Thank you for the good word,

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello avnikant,

You are in right forum for your query. You may wait for who I consider is the command on WCM related queries.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao