cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see Transaction Data after upgrade to BW7.4SP13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgrade our BW system from BW 7.0 to BW 7.4SP13 and upgraded the Oracle from 11.2.0.2 to 12.0.1.0 and RHL5 to RHL7 and converted the data from non-unicode to Unicode.

After the tasks, when we come in the system and right click on the cubes and try to display the data, the data screen is blank.

The Basis team has checked the database and the DB size still looks similar to our Production copy.

We have run a series of post upgrade steps, including rebuilding the OLAP Cache, but still it doesn't display the data in the cube. We checked the E and F tables, they show 0 records.

I am not sure what steps to be performed next. Has anyone faced similar issue?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. We are taking a critical hit on the project timelines.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Could it be that - as part of the Oracle upgrade - table spaces have been changed?

Please refer to SAP Note 1955047 - SUM Upgrade Error : SPACECHK_OPT : Tablespaces PSAPFACTD, PSAPFACTI, PSAPDIMD, PS... for an explanation. Also SAP Note 46272 - Implement new data class in technical settings provides information on how to restore the connection between Data Classes and table spaces.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Just wanted to check couple of things.

1. Is this happening only to cubes ?

2. In cubes did you check the list cube or that you are not able to see the request in the manage tab.

3: Is this happening to certain cubes or all the cubes ?

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

To answer your questions:

1. Is this happening only to cubes ? - Yes, the master data is fine and I can go and check the master data in the system.

2. In cubes did you check the list cube or that you are not able to see the request in the manage tab. - In LISTCUBE, I can see the requests under Manage tab, but when I go to Content->InfoCube Content and Display Data, the data is not getting displayed. (Screenshots Attached)

3. Is this happening to certain cubes or all the cubes ? - This is happening to all the cubes, BPC planning Cubes and BI Standard Cubes.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone with SAP_ALL try this 'Display cube data' in your org ?

From your 'manage' screenshot, its evident that data is safe, but you are not able to just see it. It could be auth related.

Since 7.4 uses analysis authorizations, are you sure everything is ok on that aspect too?

You indicated you ran the data load. Didn't indicate if its a process chain or manual infopackage run.

Process chain will be run by BWUSER, not under your user id. So try that too.

If BWUSER is not having enough auth, process chain's data load could fail too.

When displaying cube data, does it give any message.

Auth problems generally shows a message and then shows this empty cube data screen.

Also check the 'Filter' in the cube display data screen. sometimes it has some old filter and displays no data. once you remove the filter data will be displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mk,

The Basis team has SAP_ALL access and still they cannot see the data.

I ran the data load by manual info packages. That problem has been resolved. It was a Idoc and ALEREMOTE Authentication problem. Now the data is getting loaded from the source system.

But we can see the data in Infocube for the newly loaded data from test infopackage load, but not the previous data, which was brought over as a part of Production Copy.

While displaying cube data, it doesn't give any error message for Authentication.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Before jumping to your issue , just wanted to check , that is after the upgrade, have you done any test loads? from source to PSA and then DTP? are they successful? or failed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick response Jyoti.

I ran the data load for Asset Depreciation couple of hours back, but it is not moving forward, and is still in Yellow status with 0 records updated.

It is giving an error saying:

Error when updating Idocs in Business Information Warehouse

Diagnosis

Errors have been reported in Business Information Warehouse during the IDoc update:

Could not find code page for receiving system

System Response

There are IDocs with incorrect status.

I ran one more data load and its also behaving the same way.

I ran the third infopackage, and it ended with the below error:

Error message during processing in BW

Diagnosis

An error occurred in BW when processing the data. The error is documented in an error message.

System Response

A caller 01, 02 or equal to or greater than 20 contains an error meesage.

Further analysis:

The error message(s) was (were) sent by:

Scheduler

IC=ZCIS00 IS=ZCIS_CIS error when checking the update rules

In other words, the data loads are also not going fine.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok idocs are not creating, check partner profile tcode: we20, had basis restore the system connections post upgrade?

also have a look at these two documents

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30452

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/bw/blog/2013/07/12/sap-bw-73-upgrade-issues-and-soluti...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links and pointers Jyoti.

Yes, the Basis team had restored the system connections post upgrade and the logical source system is now pointing to ECC dev. That was done as a part of pre-upgrade, since this is a seperate system and it was creating using the 7.0 Production copy.

Do you mean checking the RFC connections to the ECC Dev again, when you mean system connections?

Also, we followed the below document for our Pre and Post upgrade tasks.

Thanks,

Abhishek