cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BPC 10.1 HTML5 Classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem using the BPC 10.1 frontend, which was recently migrated from BPC 7.5 to EPM 10.1 Standard version. The BPC Admin page is a web based page and when I try to enter the ID using combination of Letters, Numbers and some special characters. When we enter the special characters, the javascript immediately throws an error saying "Unauthorized characters entered in the ID".

We used these special characters successfully in the previous versions and now I want to check if I can update the HTML5 classes in SAP to remove this exception directly from the code. Is it possible to do it? If yes, how do we go about doing it?

I will greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAPUI5 Developer Center to SAP Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver

as the more appropriate community for this topic.  Please use the Google Custom Search in the future to find the right community for your Discussion.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

PS The use of special characters in an ID field is not a good idea regardless of whether it worked in previous versions.  It often causes issues in the underlying data store and there is very likely a poor rationale for starting the practice in the first place.

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply and I apologize for posting in the wrong group.

The reason for allowing the exceptions is, we have tons of transaction data posted against the master data with special characters. Changing the master data would not be possible until we drop all the transaction data and hierarchies against those ids.

That will require a lot of time and effort and currently we have very tight deadlines. Thats why I am looking into these options allow special chars. After the go-live, we can remove the special chars out of ids as a seperate project.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Abhishek

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a program that checks those IDs, but problem is that other parts of BPC will stop working because they use some of the special characters for their own purposes. For example, script logic can use / sign to separate one part of a SELECT statement from another because it assumes that this will never happen inside and ID.

So, I'd suggest writing a simple scrip in your old system and moving transaction data from illegitimate ID to those allowed in 10.1. Then you can  compress the cube with zero elimination and remove those members from Dimensions.

After that migration should go smoothly.

Regards,

Gersh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have to agree with Gersh.  The time to do it is now rather than after the migration, partly because once the migration occurs it will likely be ignored until the next issue comes up and partly because it will be easier to fix it now even though it will take a bit of time. 

Don't be short term wise (not even sure it is short term wise) and long term foolish!

Cheers, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

PS>  The wrong space is normal, but I recommend looking at the Site Index (in the SCN footer bar) or doing the Google search as suggested previously.  While most Moderators are tolerant of such mistakes, repeats are to be discouraged.