Convert existing Web IDE Project to Hybrid
I wonder how to convert an existing Web IDE project to a hybrid app, to
- Edit device configuration in Web IDE project settings
- Run on device/emulator and Companion App from Web IDE
What I tried:
- Add Project Type "Hybrid Mobile" in Project Settings
- Add hybrid configuration to project.json (copied from working Kapsel Template project)
- Add index.html as entry point for Kapsel/Cordova
- Add code to register on HCPms
The same configuration works fine in a project created from a Kapsel Template. However, when added to an existing project, it does not: The device configuration menu in project settings pops up after adding/removing the "Hybrid Mobile" project type and shows the values set in project.json. It then disappears again, until project type is changed again. Run on device/emulator is not available. Seems like a glitch in Web IDE.
Web IDE 1.16.4
Hybrid App Toolkit Plugin 1.9.2
The conversion wizard described here is not available in my Web IDE instance (non-trial). In my trial version it is available and creates additional structures for Cordova initialization and HCPms logon different from the Kapsel App Templates. Which should we adopt for our current project (if any)?
What works in non-trial is creating a new Kapsel App from Template and then copy over my real projects files. But that was not what I was looking for as I am trying to preserve e.g. our projects git history in the process.