jmattfeld
Participant
0 Kudos

I wonder how to convert an existing Web IDE project to a hybrid app,  to

• Edit device configuration in Web IDE project settings
  • Run on device/emulator and Companion App from Web IDE

What I tried:

1. Add Project Type "Hybrid Mobile" in Project Settings
  2. Add hybrid configuration to project.json (copied from working Kapsel Template project)
  3. Add index.html as entry point for Kapsel/Cordova
  4. Add code to register on HCPms

The same configuration works fine in a project created from a Kapsel Template. However, when added to an existing project, it does not: The device configuration menu in project settings pops up after adding/removing the "Hybrid Mobile" project type and shows the values set in project.json. It then disappears again, until project type is changed again. Run on device/emulator is not available. Seems like a glitch in Web IDE.

Web IDE 1.16.4

Hybrid App Toolkit Plugin 1.9.2

The conversion wizard described here is not available in my Web IDE instance (non-trial). In my trial version it is available and creates additional structures for Cordova initialization and HCPms logon different from the Kapsel App Templates. Which should we adopt for our current project (if any)?

What works in non-trial is creating a new Kapsel App from Template and then copy over my real projects files. But that was not what I was looking for as I am trying to preserve e.g. our projects git history in the process.

Best regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Any feature that is listed as experimental will only be available in the trial system.  You could point your trial system to the same repository and run the wizard and comment your changes.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

jmattfeld
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

thanks for your answer. I was able to change the project type to hybrid via wizard and push my changes back to an non-trial account.

Despite using the wizard, I still wonder if the Web IDE has a glitch:

The device configuration menu in project settings pops up after adding/removing the "Hybrid Mobile" project type to an existing project and shows the values set in project.json. It then disappears, until project type is changed again. Run on device/emulator is not available.

Regards,

Jan

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you help?

i062345
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jan, Michal,

thanks for your feedback and question.

1. using menu New->Hybrid Mobile Project from Mobile App is the Appropriate approach to do the mobile enablement for existing Web apps (in your local web space).

2. Changing the "Project Types" is NOT a supported approach for mobile enablement. That hole supposed to be fixed.

Regards.

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find this option? In production environment

In the trial environment I can only find the enable Hybrid Mobile option like below.

But I cannot select it. Is there some template the web app needs to apply to?

Can you help out?

i062345
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Giel,

You have this menu item but disabled, there are a couple of possibility.

1. Your project is already mobile enabled; or

2. Your project is not suitable for mobile enablement, currently only the Web IDE template-based apps may be mobile enabled.

to confirm your Web IDE setting, you may simply create a UI5 template project and then right-mouse click to see if you can see the "Enable as Hybrid ..." menu.

if above can be confirmed, then you should double check your project types.

if you already mobile enabled it, then you could do your device settings and add your mobile qualities.

Regards.

Lin

Answers (0)