cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! Personas 2.0 SP3: ME51N: copy data failed in dynamic fields of Tabs of icon "Item"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I am making a personas app using me51n where I need to copy the user's input data from our own UI table into SAPGUI me51n table.

Example, there are two rows in the table with different account assignment:

row 1: Account Assignment (V), I need to copy a number into the field "Cost Center" of Tab "Account Assignment"

row 2: Account Assignment (Y), I need to copy a number into the field "Order" of Tab "Account Assignment"

If I use two buttons with each to do one data copy, and I manually press the butons one after the other, it will be OK.

But if I put two button actions into one button, I will get an error "control not found".

The reason seems to be that after "select another tab" in script, there needs a time delay to allow the backend to refresh the UI to add dynamic fields. My script is trying to copy data to the dynamic field before it appears on the UI.

I tried to add "Refresh Screen" in between the scripts, but it deos not solve the issue. Also I tried to rearrange the order of script actions so that there can be a time slot after select a new tab, but it is not working either.

Can SAP personas experts help on this? How do we control the script to wait for the new dynamic fields appear before copying data to it. It is a headach issue doing Personas app for the tcodes which involves dynamically rendered UI based on teh backend data changes.

We need urgent help tosolve this issue asap! Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We turned to use Personas 3.0, this issue is not valid anymore.

Br,

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, you cant tell the script to wait for control to appear, but you can try to introduce some delay between 1st and 2nd step by adding wait in script as follows:

IF CONTROL DOES NOT EXISTS <control2>

CALCULATE IN JS

for(var i=0; i<10000;i++) { 

for (var j=0; j< 10000; j++) {

//do nothing;

}

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

I tried such before, but maybe the time delay I set was not long enough. I will try it again anyway. Thanks.

Another thing is that such as "fix" is really unstable - if the time delay changed due to teh backend system update or data changes, the app could still suddenly crash!

There is only one "new feature" needed which could have fixed a lot issue - if somehow, in Silverlight PS 2.3, there could be a way of letting JS code to "press" a button, then the rest of actions can be taken care of by that button. How difficult it is to add such a "feature" in PS 2.3?

Br,

Dong

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Personas 2.0 provides very limited JS support and you cant access DOM objects to trigger actions. This is where Personas 3.0 JS support comes in handy .

Thanks

Chinthan