cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Track, Copy SCs and DCs from Old Track to the New Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to creation of new track and SCs.

We are currently using an SLD development track (XYR4) which has SCs with version 4. It has SCs and Dev't Components on it which are working fine in production environment. We have a new project which requires us to create a new SLD track (XYR5). The XYR5 will need to have the latest copy of the SCs and DCs of XYR4.

What we have done so far are the following:

1. Created the XYR5 track in our SLD.

2. Copied the SCs from XYR4 to XYR5 track but the SC versions in XYR5 is 4.0 not 5.0.

What we need to do:

3. Copy the DCs from XYR4 to XYR5 track.

Questions:

• Should the product version be 5.0 for the copied SCs in XYR5 instead of 4.0? What is the difference between incrementing the SC version and retaining the current version?
  • What is the best approach for copying the DCs of XYR4 to XYR5 track in their respective SCs?

I have been looking for documentations/blogs but the one I found so far was about moving the DCs to a new SC. But I'm not sure if I can follow it as I'm wondering if there could be other better steps than that. I also have a doubt that moving the DCs could cause changes in the current track (XYR4) which I should not be modifying.

BTW, we are currently using NW7.2 but with the new track it will be used under an upgraded NW7.4.

Hoping to get your advises on this.

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The product version is up to you. Usually it is used to defined different products for different releases of the SCAs, f.a. you define product for 720 and in it you define SCA Build Time dependencies for SCA version 7.20. However please note that the version of the product in SLD is totally up to you. You might define version 1 and still apply SCA of version 7.40.

2. DCs are not created, moved or handled in any way in SLD. DCs are created, moved and handled in NWDS once you have imported your Development Configuration Track. You define your DCs in the SC which is defined as "Developed" in CMS. (Usually this is your defined product in SLD)

Please note that you might copy, move DCs from Local Development to a track in NWDS. However by doing so you will copy only the code! The SCA dependencies are not copied and you have to defined them later. More info in:

Migrating Local Developments to a Centralized NWDI Environment (Developer’s Viewpoint)

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3204

Step 3: Copying Local DCs to NWDI Track SC

3. Last but not least, I would like to warn you that the following versions MUST be consistent:

. NWDS,

. Track,

. RunTime System.

More information explained in details with examples in:

http://scn.sap.com/community/nwdi/blog/2014/03/26/nwdi-vs-nwdi-content

and if you have access to service market place in this note:

718949 - Web Dynpro Application Compatibility WebAS SPx -> SPx+n

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos