Create New Track, Copy SCs and DCs from Old Track to the New Track
I'm new to creation of new track and SCs.
We are currently using an SLD development track (XYR4) which has SCs with version 4. It has SCs and Dev't Components on it which are working fine in production environment. We have a new project which requires us to create a new SLD track (XYR5). The XYR5 will need to have the latest copy of the SCs and DCs of XYR4.
What we have done so far are the following:
1. Created the XYR5 track in our SLD.
2. Copied the SCs from XYR4 to XYR5 track but the SC versions in XYR5 is 4.0 not 5.0.
What we need to do:
3. Copy the DCs from XYR4 to XYR5 track.
- Should the product version be 5.0 for the copied SCs in XYR5 instead of 4.0? What is the difference between incrementing the SC version and retaining the current version?
- What is the best approach for copying the DCs of XYR4 to XYR5 track in their respective SCs?
I have been looking for documentations/blogs but the one I found so far was about moving the DCs to a new SC. But I'm not sure if I can follow it as I'm wondering if there could be other better steps than that. I also have a doubt that moving the DCs could cause changes in the current track (XYR4) which I should not be modifying.
BTW, we are currently using NW7.2 but with the new track it will be used under an upgraded NW7.4.
Hoping to get your advises on this.