cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone to node drop down does not work when cloning the vanilla APS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am working on a new BOE installation with version 4.1 SP6. There are 2 nodes in the cluster.

I am trying to clone the vanilla APS. On the "clone to server" drop down list, only one of the nodes shows up. It does not matter which node I logon to. Now after I clone the APS on the "fixed node" and I clone the "cloned APS", I can select the node in some cloned APS but not on the other. That leaves me scratching my head. Are you aware of any fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Jonathan.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this KB. Does this scenario applies to your issue mentioned in KB.

1731625  - Unable to add Webi Processing Servers to a node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jawahar

I have already tried OSS note 1731625. The symptom isn't the same as it is talking about webi processing server. But I gave it a try anyways and created a dummy SIA. Same problem happened. One thing I noticed is that the drop-down worked if I do NOT include the BEX web application service. If I do, the node drop down only shows the first node in my installation.

I am not sure if this is a bug or something "as designed". Do you see the same issue on your installation? However, that means I can only create APS on the BEX web service on one node.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with "System Configuration Wizard" in the BO CMC to split the APS.

Sizing the Adaptive Processing Server in BI 4.1

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Amit.

I am aware of the configuration wizard. However, I want to have more control. Our servers are really low on memory and we are still waiting on a memory & CPU upgrade. We are just installing the sandboxes right now as proof of concept. So the hardware config is not appropriate.

Thanks,

Jonathan.