cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 Collect email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I trust you are doing fine, I'm posting this question as this doesn't figure anywhere, How would it be possible to configure the email notification template and manage it's active or deactivated state for the Collect step in Distribution and collection for BPC netweaver 10.0.

Thank you.

HamdA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hamda,

The email compatibility for offline collaboration (distribution and collection) is maintained in the user parameters of the EPM taskbar

Pic 1

Once in there, browse to the Server Configuration Panel and maintain the credentials as required (Pic 2 below). You should get these credentials from the team that manages email at your place. I am not sure whether this is establishment specific but we had to check "enable SSL" and maintain authentication type as "NTLM".

Pic 2

Once the above is done, if you have set up the requisite distribution templates, these templates will be distributed and collected via email. Details for how to set those up are already available in the EPM user guide.

Hope this helps.

rgds

shrikant

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HamdA,

Please find below link. Hope this may help you.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point Deepak, but I believe what you are describing is the SOST (SAP Business Office) interaction. Distribution and Collection within BPC would not require that set up. Indeed, we make it work here at our establishment without the SMTP connectivity your post describes.

The difference is that the SMTP set up is required in case you want emails to be sent from your SAP NW component (BPC being one of them). However, for the BPC user managed offline collboration function (which governs distribute and collect) the user ID needs to be maintained as per my post below. That allows the user to extract and send to, AND collect updates from offline users.

regards

Shrikant