Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting negative Task Deadlines

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am implementing workflow WS00200074, from PM/SM modules.

No worries in here, that is working fine.

My problem is that now I have been requested to create notifications based on task planned finish date.  It should send 2: one a week before and another one on the same finish date.  For last notificacion I am using Latest End deadline, and it is working fine.

But for the first notification, currently I am using Requested End Deadline, as configured in the attached image, but no notification is being created.

Could you please let me know how to create a negative date deadline (days before X date)?  As per SAP help from the fields of the tab, it is allowed to do so.

Field help text:

Offset between reference time and missed deadline

You can enter the time interval between the defined reference date/time and the missing of the requested end in one of the defined time units.

It is possible to specify a negative time interval. Negative time intervals should only be used in connection with an expression as a reference date/time. You then have the option of "backward deadlines".

But I do not see any "backward deadlines".

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your example it should set the deadline to 1 week before PlannedFinishDate.

Is that not working? What does it set the deadline to? You can see it in the workflow log (SWI1).

regards

Rick

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, Rick, thanks for replying.

Is it this what you are asking for?  In below example, I changed Latest End to be a week earlier.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that looks fine. The deadline is set correctly.

Could it be a problem with the rule to determine the recipient?

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Rick.  Although the problem was that some configurations of SWU3 where missing, I apreciate your quick response time.