Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Need some guidance on the scenario below :

MRP run for material A

MRP type : VB

Lot size: EX

Maximum Lot Size : 200

Material A is a component of material Z. From a previous planned order of material Z, the requirement quantity of material A is 5000.

Now, after the MRP run for material A was done, a PR was generated with quantity of 5000.

My question is why was the PR generated with the requirement quantity of 5000 and not only did not obey the maximum lot size but exceeded it as well?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luke, as per knowledge if you have requirement for 5000 system will create PR for 5000 but you have Max lot size in place, it may be multiple of 200 in each line item or separate PRs. Please share screen shots to understand your setup in material master.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On the customizing transaction OMI4 it is possible to define if the maximum stock level will be calculated before or after covering the requirements. Depending on this setting, the replenishment proposal quantity may exceed the maximum quantity.

Regards
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Caetano.

Do you mean maximum lot size as opposed to maximum stock level? Please bear in mind thatthe lot size for this material is maintained as EX. What can I set in OMI4 so that it does not exceed the maximum lot size?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

My mistake, I did not read your thread carefully and I thought that you were using lot size HB.

Do you have any other setting that could influence the lot sizing calculation? Can you please share screenshots of tabs MRP1 and MRP2?

Also, are you sure that this purchase requisition was created by MRP? You can check the creation indicator for the purchase requisition in table EBAN. Please also attach a screenshot of transaction MD05.

Regards

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem! Yes, I am very sure that the PR was created by MRP and sure - I will attach screenshots when I get home.

What I'm suspecting is that the requirement from a sales order is causing the material to exceed the maximum lot size during the MRP run. What do you think of this? Is this entirely possible?