Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase requistion number range is repeating

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have encountered with strange issue where we increase the PR number range with BANF object in T.code SNUM. But when user are creating purchase requisition the system is taking previous number which are already created for example in 2001 and 2005.

When creating the PO with respective PR it is pulling that data and creating PO which is mess up in PRD.

Below are the number sequnce we have changes

Current range: 01             0010000000         0019999999

Future Rang: 01             0010000000         0029999999

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also In current number range you might have consumed some numbers so you future number range should start already consumed+1 to 299999999.. Future should not have same number starting as you have from old number range..

Another point. SAP have option of buffering the numbers.. sometime number with PR created can have previous number which is not consumed by the system. So sequence wise PR number generation is not possible until you stop the buffering on the number range object but it can may impact your system performance.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I go into SNUM then I see 3 columns with numbers. (from, to, current)  You messed up the 3rd column whose information you hided from us.

I bet you transported the number from DEV to production without thinking that the current number in DEV is a pretty small number compared to the current number in production.