cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for Fiori addon GBAPP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

We are about to start implementation of Fiori for "Approve Purchase Orders" app.

Currently our backend ECC system is SPS21 (no ehp installed) and as part of Fiori project we have installed gateway(740_12) in standalone machine.

I have gone through the below document of App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders,

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/57/7f3c52c638b610e10000000a44176d/content.htm?frameset=...

As per this document, the back-end system supported product version is SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 15 or higher and currently we are SPS 21, so I believe we met prerequisite.

Also as per the above the link, we need to have add-ons (IW_BEP, GBAPP002) in backend system.

So here my query is, where should I install these above two add-ons, whether on back-end ECC which is on SPS21 or gateway(740).

So far my assumption is, we need to install on back-end ECC, but when i check prerequisite condition of add-on GBAPP002 there total three condtions and none of them my ECC system met. Then why document says min product version is SPS15 to  implement this app.

SAPK-600AGINGBAPP002  GBAPP002 600: Add-On Installation

So kindly can someone suggest how to proceed now?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh;

You need to install IW_BEP and GBAPP002 on the ECC backend only.

You need to install IW_BEP component first. Then you will meet the first set of conditions to install GBAPP002.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Thank you for your reply, Here my question is to install the addon GBAP002, the supported Basis version is 740,EA-APPL 617, EA-FIN which are not there in my ECC system(currently we are on ECC 6.0 SPS 21, no ehp installed).  So can I ignore those conditions and proceed.

Please refer the screen shot of GBAP002 add-on conditions screen shot,which i posted in the initial message.

Regards,

Suresh Babu

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh;

As per the first condition SAP BASIS version required is 700.

We have installed it on sap basis 702

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sarbjeet and Tejas,

I have successfully installed IW_BEP with SP 10 and GBAPP002 with SP 09. without updating/installing other components. The component EA_FIN is not mandatory to proceed for GBAPP002.

Once again thank you all for your suggestions and help on this.

Regards,

Suresh Babu

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

IWBEP, GBAPP both are required in backend system.

If your Gateway system is at 7.40, GWFND and SAP_UI will come by default.

You only need to have UIX component for purchase order. UIX01EAP is the addon for ERP UI Fiori on GW system.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tejas for your reply,

As i mentioned in the initial message, we have different systems for ECC and gateway and currently my gateway is running with 7.40. Sorry to say this, Your message is not so clear for my situation.

You have mentioned that, only need to have UIX on gateway system, you mean in this case we don't need to install the add-ons IWBEP, GBAPP on my back-end ECC system. If yes, then can you please share if you have any SAP reference notes/docs on this, so that we can explain to my customer to proceed.

Currently my project is on hold due to this prerequisite confusion.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Suresh Babu

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

What is the confusion ?

IWBEP  is a backend event publisher, and this is required for Odata services. This is the main component.

Earlier IWBEP -> backend system

iwfnd - frontend system

gw_core -> frontend system

But since you are on 7.4 gateway - you dont need IWFND, as this is already exisitng in GWFND component (which comes by default)

As your backend is at lower version.

You need to have IW_BEP in backend.

GBAPP -> Specific for approve purchase order/PR (Backend odata addon)

Frontend system : UIX01EAP (Frontend UI5 addon for PO/PR)

I hope its clear now.

Regards,
Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

As per “ Approve Purchase Orders” SAP guide, the back-end system supported product version is SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 15 or higher and currently we are on ECC 6.0 SPS 21(No ehp installed).

Here my actual question is, as per prerequisite conditions (refer the 3 conditions from screen shot in the initial message) to install the addon GBAP002, the supported Basis version is 740,EA-APPL 617, EA-FIN which are not there in my ECC system.  So can I ignore those conditions and proceed.

Regards,

Suresh Babu

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You have to go with condition 2, which shows lower backend version. SAP_BASIS : 700

There will be 2 conditions for installing the addon. Based on your backend version you have to choose. Why you will go with condition 1(Basis - 7.4) .

Backend : 700 IWBEP , GBAPP002

What is your backend SAP_BASIS version ?

Regards,

Tejas