cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing idoc into single stack PO (7.31)

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom idoc and I want to import the meta data into our system. When I attempt to import it I receive an error

But when I attempt to import it into our dual stack 7.11 system from the same ECC system via IDX2 it works.

I am told that the iDoc is not released and that may be the problem BUT as I can import it into PI but not PO I am assuming that PO is a little more fussy about this. Can anyone suggest a solution, except for releasing the iDoc?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Any particular reason why you want to preload the metadata? AFAIK, if there is no metadata for a particular IDoc interface, the system automatically loads it the first time the interface is executed. That is the best way to get the most accurate version of the metadata. When there are field changes, normally we just delete the existing metadata and let it auto reload again the next time the interface is executed.

Rgds

Eng Swee

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

The problem we have is that PO cannot retrieve the meta data either automatically or manually. PO can't find it. Yet, this is working in our dual stack 7.11 system either automtatically or manually, if we import the meta data via IDX2.

I think PO (7.31) doesn't like the fact the iDoc isn't released and yet 7.11 doesn't care.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see.. Not sure about this then. Currently don't have access to an ECC system to create a custom unreleased IDoc to test out PO's fussiness.

The error message in your screenshot refers to some inaccessible server node. Not sure how that's related. Did you try with a released custom IDoc on PO?

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yes, all other iDocs can be imported into PO, just not this one 😞

Answers (0)