cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA and non-HANA transports

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Just trying to find out about this one ahead of our proposed migration to HANA.

The usual BASIS problem - as we migrate our landscape to HANA, our Development and QA systems will become out of sync with our Production system, which will still be on our legacy RDBMS until HANA go-live.

So, will transports from HANA to a non-HANA server work (of course content won't be HANA optimized)?  The BASIS version will be the same.   Do we need to use CTS?

Looks like that's possible from a BW perspective.   How about ERP, CRM, SRM?   Anybody done it, or doing it?

I'm wondering if we can avoid using a Legacy Development system as a route to Production during the migration project.

How about middleware?  I'm guessing that this will be abstracted away from the database level and so, it will just work?

Thanks for any guidance!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

indeed the SAP NetWeaver transport management is DB agnostic and it is technically possible to transport directly between a SAP HANA based system and a non-HANA system.

Assuming that you actually don't leverage any DB related functionality, this should work just fine.

However, I would highly recommend to have at least a second QA system running on the same platform as the productive system to ensure that the code actually works as expected in an end to end UAT.

As soon as there are DB activities involved you want to make sure that there aren't any changes required to make them work properly on the other platform (e.g. additional/different indexes).

Other than that - yep, should/will work.

- Lars

0 Kudos

Thanks Lars!  That's good to hear.

Answers (0)