cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel 742 REL PL219 not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed Persona 300 on my ECC system and we are currently on Kernel 742 REL PL 200 which is the minimum requirement for installing Persona. OS is Linux on X86 64 bit, Unicode and DB is Oracle 11.2.0.4.0.

We are facing  several issues while using Persona application and Persona/SAP experts have suggested to go for Kernel PL 219 however the whole kernel package (EXE.SAR and EXEDB.SAR files) is not availble in Service market place only disp+work package is available.

It is always suggested by experts to go for the N-1 PL while upgrading kernel. Now only Disp+work PL 226 is available in SMP and I would like to go for PL 219 as after upgrading to PL 226, I'm getting this warning while logging in Persona WEBUI.

"The kernel doesn't match the mimes version. Further proceeding will result in unpredictable behavior. Installation is damaged"

Kindly post the path/ link or any other way by which I could get the PL 219 for disp+work for my system setup (details above)

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

As Jude mentioned, you can find only the latest disp+work patch level available for download. Note that d+w packages are cumulative. If you had an issue that was resolved by pl 219, then the correction is also available in pl 226 (and subsequent ones, when available).

About the popup message, telling about SAP note 1575271: follow the suggestions from the note. If yet you receive the warning, then check with your network team whether you have a proxy between the web browser and the SAP system, that probably is keeping old MIMEs in cache.

If you have questions related to the ITS, then you are welcome to address them in the SCN ITS community.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris and Jude,

Thank you for your response.

I had raised an SAP message too and was asked to clear the mime cache and also to clear the browser cache. Even after performing those steps, I still see that error.

Moreover, with Kernel 742 REL PL 200 we had just a few issues in using certain functionalities but now with PL226, just nothing is happening in Persona WEBUI besides the pop up ("The kernel doesn't match the mimes version. Further proceeding will result in unpredictable behavior. Installation is damaged") we get when we login to WEBUI.

Could you pls suggest something.

Thank you!

Regards,

Mohit

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I wrote a blog about this issue.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're great Cris. It worked.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Though my original issue is resolved, I was wondering if you could help me to understand in  /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI transaction when I do the "configuration check", why it shows clientaccesspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml as not configured (in red colour) and under Target system, it's in "yellow".

In our case Persona and Traget system is one and the same.

I've attached the snapshot too.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

You need to create both files in the icmandir directory and configure the ICM parameters.

Please check the configuration guide. It give you an example of the file content and the parameters that need to be set.

Cheers,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Both the files already exist in icmandir directory. Please check the attached snapshot.

Also, I'm pasting the contents of clientaccesspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit

SAP's policy is only to have the most recent kernel patch available to download.

In this case, the only disp+work patch is 226.

It does not make sense to have an older kernel which can lead to inconsistencies.

Since this message is still in development, I wonder why you open a tread here too?

Regards.

Jude