cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can known the application configuration associated to component confifuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advice..

Thanks and regards,

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

You can get it two ways.

a) Right click on FPM application, click on technical help it show application configuration name and click on the same. It will takes to you application configuration page. Which contains component configuration.

b) Run SE80 transaction, where select the component configuration and double click on same and which shows the all properties like application configuration etc..,

Regards,

Naga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Just adding what Nagendra suggested:

1. TCode  SE80
  2. Open "FPM_OVP_COMPONENT" (assuming you are using OVP)
  3. Open you application and double click on Application Configurations.
  4. on Top you will see two buttons Start Configuration and Display Configurations click any of those (Display Configuration)
  5. you will see below screen with Application name and Configuration name.
  6. There could be more then one Component Configurations available .

Just for knowledge sharing purpose :

There are main three level of Configurations available in FPM applications

1. Application Configurations: This contains application specific settings example Component Type (OVP or any other), your application guidelines, Panel related settings and Componen t Configurations.
  2. Second Level of Configuration is Component Configuration: This includes which UIBB component you want to use basically the Layout of your application FORM, LIST, SEARCH.
  3. Third Level Configuration is your UIBB configuration which included what you want to display example columns, sorting, enable/disable and other LIST/TABLE related settings.

Hope this will help.

Thanks-

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek, Nagendra for Answers, sorry I want to know the application configuration name from component configuration I.E, Z one. To give this name at the standard application parameters value for wdconfigurationid..

Can u guide me...

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

There is one standard table 'WDY_CONFIG_APPL' which contains all info.

CONFIG_ID is key and you can find out Application Name in APPLICATION field.

Just a suggestion instead of querying on this table try to do a where use of this table, you should get some class method which returns this information.

Hope this will help.

Thanks-

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

To get the application configuration name i need to get the config id where can i get this to know the application configuration name as i know only the component configuration name z one..

to say u all clearly, we are adding one tab biz partners for the standard one, they have achieved it by implementing z ( custom ) component configuration, so i need to know the application configuration attached to it, so i can give this appl. config name for standard appl. at parameters tab for wdconfigurationid value to get executed this tab along with the standatd tabs..

this is my approach, is it right?, or any other approach to do it..

please suggest me.., how can i get the application name associated to the z component configuration

Thanks and Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I checked this table it is used for configurations made for an webdynpro application.

no, i want to know the application configuration associated to my component configuration which i know.

Please suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilip