cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS - Executing stored procedure issue with Sybase ASE 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

In my architecture, SAP BODS reads data from SAP R/3 to populate a staging area (SA) in a Sybase ASE 16 DB. Some stored procedure transform SA data and write records in DataWareHouse (DHW) tables. All the necessary procedures are grouped in a "master" one, let's say SP_UPDATEALL.

DWH tables are re-written from scratch at each load, because of the small number of records involved. So each single stored procedure, dedicated to a DWH table, starts with a TRUNCATE TABLE command, followed by the INSERT command(s).

As the SA tables are populated by a BODS job, my goal is to make BODS execute the SP_UPDATEALL after the SA load, in the last workflow of my job

As stated in multiple threads in this forum, I created a script object with the command: SQL ('DWH', 'dwh.SP_UPDATEALL'), where DWH is the name of the DB and dwh is the schema/user name. Tracing the execution of the job results in a success, but the stored procedure does not get executed. Where could be the problem? Are there limitations in SQL commands that can be executed through a script object in BODS?

I also tried to execute a simple stored procedure, that truncates and populate a single table. The outcome was that the records was inserted, but the truncation *didn't* take place, resulting in duplicate records.

Can anyone give me a hint? If needed, i can add more details to my environment description.

Thank you in advance.

Edoardo Selva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would built that transformation logic in DS. That's what it is commonly used for .