cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the data or function in the main app from extended fiori application

nalamabhiram
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to extend my inbox application.

when the item in list is clicked the details to be populated in the details screen.

I am able to extend the xml view of detail screen and add some fields in info icon tab.

i am able to manipulate the values in extended view with extended controller file.

Issue:

To fetch more details from backed I need to know which item is pressed in the list.

Is there any possibility to access the item pressed in the main list and to get existing data of the list.

so that  for additional fields I will do another read operation with help of order ID.

Is my approach correct..?

Regards,

Abhiram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalam;

When anything is selected in Master list of the Fiori inbox application.The refresh data method is called in the controller of detail view (S3.controller.js).

refreshData: function(oRefreshData) {

This particular function sets the data in a model named as 'detail'

detail model has a parameter called instanceID which will provide you the ID of the workitem.

so code like below will provide you the required ID.

this.getView().getModel("detail").getData().InstanceID

Then use this id to fetch the additional information,

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhiram,

The fiori extensability concept is the beautiful and flexible feature to make use of Oops Inheritance and method overriding properties. So whenever you extend an application you will be given with full access to parent class methods  and variables. So for your problem to be solved you can override handleSelect method to get hold of selected Item information. In your custom controller make sure that you have overrided this method and do your manipulations. Finally when application is running, run time will take your master controller as it is and replace with the method implementations provided in extended controller.

Regards,

Arun.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalam,

My inbox uses Taskprocessing service version 2. Ideally the view here is Master detail view. The master view will have a key field, using which a filter criteria is written.

Say Workitem id : 80000456.

Based on workitem id, you get the entire details on your detail screen.

This can be achieved using getentity method or getentityset.

say : TASKPROCESSING/Collection?$filter=WorkitemId eq '8000456'

or TASKPROCESSING/Collection('8000456')

On press of workitem, you need to add the extra property in the response.

Regards,

Tejas