cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request Problem

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

I have encountered a problem regarding transporting role from dev to prd, I have successfully transported the 3 roles but during my last transport it remain running on *truck icon* and it takes forever; tried to close the session and reopen it but and it stuck in a status of copying import queue prd.

System: SAP ECC 6.0

DB: oracle 12c

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There should be logs in the transport directory. Check them. If you have terminated the TP processes then make sure the semaphore files (.LOB) are removed. Afterwards remove the transport request from Tx STMS - import monitor for the instance. Finally restart the import

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raegan,

Nice Thank you!! You are correct. I removed the <SID>.lob file in trans folder. However still i cant transport the roles.

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just observed that I have successfully transported the roles BUT! the status of transport is *Truck Icon*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Could you open a new session of STMS_IMPORT and see if the state over there is showing as TRUCK..

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

yes the state is showing as truck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you see any update process running for long time??

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

there's no update process running sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you double click on the truck and shear the screen shot of that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the transport is already in the system, go to SE07 and delete the session for the transport. Then check STMS. It should show the transport as complete

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

in SE07 it is still running but in actual it is already transported. It is a hassle for every time i transport request i must delete it in se07. is there any other way to fixed it. help pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey James,

With tx SE16 please have a look in table TRBAT.

Your original transport was stuck and then you have deleted the .LOB file and tried to reimport. For me it looks like the entry in TRBAT was not rolled back due to the above actions.

If, as I suspect, you will find an entry in TRBAT, please delete the entry and then refresh your TMS queue. It should show as imported then.

After that, I'd try to import again just to ensure that for the next time everything goes through clean without all the manual intervention you have had to go through up until now.

Cheers,

Amerjit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all delete ongoing truck i.e request from import monitor

and u can import manually via command prompt, if the error remains then there may be corruption

of cofiles and data files during releasing

manually importing and can use below command:

1) First add all transports in the buffer with below command:

tp addtobuffer <transport number> <SID>  pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<transport profile>

2) Then use below tp command to import all requests:

tp import <transport number> <SID> CLIENT=<client number> u128 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<transport profile>

Regards

Shoaib

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I cant delete na truck in import monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Have you checked the TRBAT table as I mentioned before ?

KR,

A.

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit

Yes, I tried to remove the content of trbat but i can't delete it and there's a truck icon too in the Go to>Import History > delete entry; i can't delete it too.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

James,

I recommend to update the TP and R3trans tools to the latest version and check again. Without logs I can only suggest things based on assumptions.

Take care

RB

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I will try to update TP and R3trans. I will inform you all if it will work.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

If this behavior of your system is for all the transports and not only the one using which you are transporting roles, then try replacing your tp, r3trans files with latest one.

I'll suggest to raise an OSS message at same time if issue is for all transports.

Regards,

Ashish

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Check if you have background work process available in the target system.

Perhaps all the background work process are busy in the target system.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Martina

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

There's an available workprocesses for the transport in the target system.

and i see this error

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0237

bhargav_bhatt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the transport from transport monitor, stop all tp processes from OS and try re-importing again.

Regards

Bhargav Bhatt