cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI - Java printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having an issue with users printing using SAPGUI 7.30 on Apple computers.

When a user prints anything using SAPGUI to any printer, what is spooled is not correct. The printer will always print "APWIN%Cbp1s11;P 283,340" with a number of arrows on the first page followed by a random amount of blank pages (the number has varied from 40-290). This occurs with every user and every printer however printing with anything other than the SAPGUI spools as expected. If the user logs in via CITRIX the SAP documents print as expected. Users on Windows computers can also print as expected.

I have ensured that the drivers are up to date on the machines and the issue is persistent with a clean install of the OS with only the printer and SAPGUI loaded.

I hope someone has seen this issue before and can point me to a resolution.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is more a printing related then SAPGUI, and printer colleagues are not monitoring this group. So I am trying to give you a start to my best knowledge.

To me, it looks like you are using printing devices set to device type SWIN. This is not going to work on OS S. Device type postscript should be used.

See also

Device Types for SAP Output Devices (Detail Information) - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Lib...

See also SAP note 821519 - Front-end printing with control technology

Btw, SAP GUI for Java 7.30 is no longer supported, please use 7.40.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin